Supply Chain Director
Work Hours: Mon - Fri, Days
- Adheres to all GVH policies and standards of behavior and performance.
- Adheres to all Supply Chain ethics, codes of conduct, standard operating procedures, and protocols.
- Acts as an agent on behalf of the Health System with the authority to execute all aspects of the Supply Chain Director job.
- Manages Supply Chain daily operations: PAR level stocking, product outdate process, shipping, receiving, distribution, SDS data base, courier, recalls, buying, invoice discrepancies, and contracts.
- Manages IV solutions ensuing proper decrement of inventory supply, revenue capture, and security during storage/transport.
- Manages Multi-functional devices and support resolution for the Health System.
- Manages Shred service, costs, and the confidentiality of the service for the Health System.
- Manages the Linen service, costs, internal PAR level stocking, metrics, and quality control for linen supplies.
- Manages the Biomed Engineering service, costs, policies, metrics, and support resolution for the Health System.
- Maintains assets management tracking process for all assets from purchase to disposal while optimizing the most equitable disposal method.
- Maintains MMIS supply item master ensuring accurate descriptions, cost centers, insurance summary codes, billable departments, expense function, vendor/MFG info, unit of measure, billable cost, revenue departments, min/max order points, and bin locations.
- Maintains MMIS requisition templates, hierarchy approval queues, and department expense location.
- Maintains MMIS vendor file ensuring accuracy of information and the proper connection to the MMIS supply item master SKU.
- Maintains MMIS contract master ensuring accurate entry of contracts, SKU's, and dates.
- Responsible for maximizing Vizient & Mid-America Service Solutions (MSS) GPO contracts including the review and activation of supply, service, maintenance, and equipment contracts, LOC's, LOP's, SIP's, partnerships, consignments, leases, and rentals.
- Provides analysis on the financial impact of the system negotiated contracts to the appropriate leader within the Health System as required.
- Facilitates the development and implementation of product/service standardization by coordinating with all Health System departments to identify the best value from cost/quality/outcomes (cost benefit) perspective.
- Consults with Health System departments regarding departmental needs as a means to maintain optimal inventory levels resulting in supply expense reduction based on utilization and usage.
- Develops relationships with supply chain manufacturers, distributors, vendor representatives, and health care related professionals. Acts as the Health System advisor and liaison as the point of contact to facilitate vendor and end user relations.
- Maintains all supply chain records: requisitions, purchase orders and related documents, and contracts and related documents.
- Maintains and establishes Supply Chain department policies, standard operating procedures, strategic plan, objectives, process improvement activities, and safety and regulatory (OSHA, TJC, NFPA) standards.
- Maintains statistical data for benchmarks and productivity related to supply chain functions. Uses data to establish appropriate controls for areas of responsibility.
- Responsible for setting staff annual goals and the selection of training/education/coaching opportunities including working with staff to maximize the utilization of the MMIS, as well as the performance evaluation process for staff.
- Assists in the development of departmental budgets and is responsible for maintaining budget integrity for all areas including the total system supply budget.
- Participates in Health System meetings and training to collaborate on developing strategic initiatives and improvement of system operations.
- Maintains professional growth affiliations to keep abreast of the latest trends and best practice models in the field of expertise.
- Provides training to Health System directors/managers per on-boarding protocols.
- Manages vendor access to the Health System and employee access to the Supply Chain Department while maintaining the security/integrity of the inventory assets.
- Responds to GVH disaster code calls (during and after business hours as required) and participates in emergency preparedness training and drills.
- Understands the functions of and can perform the job duties of subordinates.
- Performs annual Health System inventory count for all departments and prepares reports related to inventory value, turns, and gain/loss.
- Performs other duties as assigned.