Staff Pharmacist - HOSP Pharmacy
Gunnison Valley Hospital
3/10s, Thursday, Friday, Saturday
To provide medications to patients under hospital care in a safe and effective manner. To assist in the day to day operations of the pharmacy department
Education: Graduation from an accredited school of pharmacy
Experience: hospital pharmacy experience preferred
Licenses/Certification: Current Colorado Pharmacy License in good standing. Maintenance of current CPT or BLS.
· Read, interpret and maintain patient medication order profiles
· Review patient medication profiles for drug-disease interactions, drug-drug interactions and appropriate use
· Work cooperatively with physicians and nurses to promote efficient and safe use of patient medications
· Prepare parenteral admixture including chemotherapy
· Supply patient care areas with medications and use automated medication dispensing system
· Participate in patient care in both inpatient setting and ambulatory care clinic
· Educate patients regarding appropriate use of their medications
· Provide hospital staff with medication information as needed for safe patient care
· Track medication events including adverse drug reactions
· Participate in drug utilization review activities in the pharmacy department
· Interpret drug use data as needed to improve process within the pharmacy department and interdepartmentally as needed
· Order and maintain inventory as appropriate for hospital formulary
· Participates in drills and emergency response training
· May be called-in for GVH disaster response.
· Other duties as assigned.