Senior Healthcare Accountant
Work Hours: Mon-Fri, 8a - 5p
Experience: Minimum of two years accounting experience within a hospital setting, 3 years or more preferred. Must have experience and familiarity with cost and DSH report, closing month-end, balance sheet reconciliation, journal entry creation, ad hoc reporting, fixed assets, and working with outside auditors. Knowledge of accounting principles; ability to use Windows, Excel and Word Programs.
- Promote the mission, values, and vision of the hospital.
- Maintain specified hospital and clinic financial records; maintains and reconciles account ledgers; maintains and enters monthly journal entries, maintains and reconciles bank accounts.
- Analyzes accounts to trace discrepancies or errors.
- Assist in developing and maintain advanced Excel spreadsheets for a variety of applications.
- Assist in preparation of internal departmental budgets and submits periodic budget reports to executive team and managers.
- Assist in preparation of annual cost report & DSH report.
- Assist in preparation for annual independent audit. Provides accurate and reliable information as needed for any other reports or audits as requested.
- Submit reports and respond to inquiries from state and federal agencies, third-party payers, and other outside parties.
- Assist in preparation of reports and financial statements for Board Meetings.
- Analyze and monitors financial data, trends, and indicators. This review and analysis is both on a standard, ongoing basis as well as on request.
- Assess financial impact of proposed services and programs and monitors financial cost/benefit of existing programs and services.
- Analyze the Charge Master.
- Analyze and report fiscal activity, makes recommendations, and/or takes appropriate action to reduce the cost of providing services.
- Investigate, gather information, and answer routine queries arising from CFO, Administration, and Directors.
- Prepare statistical reports and create standard and ad hoc reports for CFO and other departments as requested.
- Develop and maintain a good knowledge of processes and procedures in regards to the accounting system.
- Apply basic accounting knowledge and techniques to all areas of work, including routine costing and variance analysis.
- Perform financial calculations to support financial transactions.
- Assist in ensuring departmental compliance with established policies and other regulatory standards, including safety, environmental and legal requirements, and policies and procedures, both internal and external.
- Participate in performance improvement.
- Communicate pertinent information to employees.
- Provide clerical and general support to controller as directed.
- Assist the controller with special projects reports as requested.