The GVH Senior Financial Analyst provides ongoing support of Hospital Operations in the decision process of proving services including investments in existing or new services and service lines. Works directly to support all upper-level management in financial decision making. Develop and maintain service line cost accounting and profitability analysis. Provides Revenue Cycle analysis and support.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or a related field. MBA preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience in financial analysis, preferably in the healthcare or hospital industry.
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail, and the ability to work independently.
- Knowledge of financial systems and healthcare regulations.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Advanced proficiency in Excel and other financial analysis tools.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, deadline driven environment.
- Preferred Revenue cycle and Epic Knowledge
1.Responsible for administering the Gunnison Valley Health decisions support system working with Information Services, Accounting, administration, and the chosen vendor.
2. Development of Cost studies and assignment of RVU measures to department procedures reconciling to system financials to provide profitability analysis at the service line, product, physician, and payer level.
3. Provides detailed level analysis and business plans for senior and mid-level management decision makers – service line business cases.
4.Provides support for managed care contracting, modeling contractual rates for profitability and producing overall payer profitability analysis.
5. Negotiates directly with managed care payers on new and amendments to existing contracts.
6.Works with charge master team and CFO on competitive pricing issues.
7. Provides support for physician recruitment analysis.
8. Collaborate with department heads and senior management to understand and interpret financial data.
9. Ensure compliance with healthcare regulations and industry standards.
10. Assist in budgeting and cost management, identifying areas for cost savings.
11. Provides financial analysis and support for projects, initiatives and special projects as needed.
Compensation: $1522.40 - $1826.80/weekly, depending on experience.
Medical, dental, vision, health care FSA, and dependent care FSA: All active employees working 40 or more hours per pay period are eligible for benefits on the first of the month following date of hire. PRN staff are not initially eligible for benefits, and GVH follows all Affordable Health Care Act Eligibility guidelines.