School Based Clinician Supervisor
Work Hours: full time academic year and PT summer
Provide within Gunnison Watershed School District (GWSD) 1,300 hours of contracted clinical school-based counseling, case management and coordination of care and 300 hours of supervisor responsibilities (listed under essential functions # 7-9). 1,560 of these hours would be provided based on the school district calendar and 40 hours provided over the summer at GWSD office or another community location. Utilize a variety of person centered, culturally sensitive treatment approaches to work with a school-aged population within the education setting while including family members and community organizations using a systems approach. Service goals include providing effective behavioral health therapy to clients to improve their functioning to increase learning in the classroom, group and family therapy, social emotional group activities, behavioral supports for health conditions, crisis management, behavioral health case management, care coordination and consultation.
Education: Master’s degree in counseling, psychology, social work or related field.
Experience: Minimum five years’ experience in behavioral health field. Experience with children, adolescents, families, and systems required. Prefer 1-2 years’ experience as a supervisor.
Licenses/Certification: Colorado state license required (Licensed Clinical Social Worker, Licensed Professional Counselor, or Licensed Marriage Family Therapy). Must have a valid Colorado driver’s license within thirty days of hire.
- Delivers and documents individual, group, family therapy, crisis intervention, and case management services to clients designated by the GWSD team. These services may be delivered in the school, GVH office, or in the community.
- Conducts initial evaluation to establish diagnosis and treatment goals and in mobile crisis completes crisis evaluation.
- Maintains same shift documentation according to the standards of GVH.
- Works cooperatively and constructively as part of an interdisciplinary team.
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Federal, State and local laws. Complies with policies and procedures of GVH and GSWD.
- Actively engages in staff meetings, employee rounding (supervision), and relevant trainings as needed
- Onboards, trains, provides rounding for school-based clinicians
- Responsible for performance evaluations and employee corrective actions with support of HR and Director
- Responsible for data collection and reporting to director and community stakeholders
- Establish and maintain strong interagency relationships locally and statewide (including psychiatric facilities)
- Collaborates with family and other appropriate persons relevant to the situation and documents said collaboration.
- Clinician will provide where appropriate immediate crisis intervention services including risk assessment for suicide, homicide and grave disability, mental status exam and assessment of any other psychological and physical needs
Compensation: $30.21 - $37.01/hr, depending on experience.
Medical, dental, vision, health care FSA, and dependent care FSA: All active employees working 40 or more hours per pay period are eligible for benefits on the first of the month following date of hire. PRN staff are not initially eligible for benefits, and GVH follows all Affordable Health Care Act Eligibility guidelines.