SCC Administrative Assistant
Work Hours: M- F Days
The SCC Administrative Assistant reports directly to the Administrator. Assumes overall coordination of incoming information to the administration department. This position’s purpose is to perform the day-to-day financial activities including, but not limited to, resident funds, accounts payable, maintain 5615 forms for all Medicaid patients, Medicare D enrollment and accounting functions within current Federal, State and local standards, guidelines and regulations governing the facility, to assure timely receipt and disbursements as well as maintain current, relevant and accurate data for reporting and management. Maintains files and patient records in a confidential manner. Requires a competent, motivated, and highly organized self-starter. Requires good customer services skills and advanced MS office skills for data entry.
Education: High School graduate required.
Experience: Must have experience or training in bookkeeping or accounting. At least one year of medical billing and clerical experience in the medical field preferred.
- Responsible for implementing the daily business office activities in accordance to all federal and state regulations, as well as facility policies and procedures.
- Responsible for relieving front desk receptionist/dispatcher as needed.
- Assists other staff by performing general clerical functions which may include the following: sorting and distributing mail, distribution of incoming faxed documentation, typing documents and letters, assembling data, copying materials, assisting in the performance of special projects, or entering data into the computer.
- Maintains confidentiality regarding residents, health care staff and documentation.
- Uses Policy and procedure manuals and other reference materials to ensure proper course of action.
- Responsible for assisting auditors with annual audit preparation, cost report preparation and other issues as they arise.
- Responsible for preparing reports as requested from Supervisor.
- Responsible for ensuring that we are complying with Medicare/Medicaid rules and regulations from a billing perspective and will provide training as needed to other departments to meet compliance.
- Maintains current knowledge of Medicare and Medicaid regulations pertaining to financial matters and makes appropriate recommendations to Supervisor when changes need to be made.
- Works with vendors to ensure business office functions continue, including but not limited to payroll vendor, financial software vendor, financial intermediary, county agencies, etc.
- Responsible for maintaining Resident Fund Accounts in accordance to all federal and state regulations, as well as facility policies and procedures.
- Participates in opportunities to improve practice as evidence by involvement in data collection, task forces or projects.
- Collaborates with other departments in the delivery of care for the residents.
- Participates in the Performance Improvement activities of the organization and attends and contributes to the Quality Assurance Committee.
- Attends meetings as assigned, writes and types the minutes and files them accurately.
- Responsible to attend workshops as directed and will actively seek out and recommend professional development opportunities. Will implement information obtained from workshops/professional development opportunities into department.
- Represents the Senior Care Center in a professional manner (with residents, families, visitors, surveyors, etc.).
- Actively provides recommendations to the Administrator on opportunities for improvement in the Activities Department, as well as the overall organization.
- Assists Life Enriching Coordinator with resident activities as needed.
Compensation: $18.88/hour -$21.72/hour DOE.
Medical, dental, vision, health care FSA, and dependent care FSA: All active employees working 40 or more hours per pay period are eligible for benefits on the first of the month following 30 days of active service.
Life and AD&D insurance: All active employees working 40 or more hours per pay period are eligible for benefits on the first of the month following or coinciding with 30 days of active service.
Short-term and long-term disability: All active employees working 60 or more hours per pay period are eligible for benefits on the first of the month following or coinciding with 30 days of active service.