Rocky Mountains, CO! Mammography Coordinator
Work Hours: 4 - 10hr shifts
Gunnison Valley Health is the sole community-owned health system for Gunnison County and surrounding areas. We are not just a hospital, but a fully integrated health system providing services for all stages of life; from a newly renovated Family Birth Center, to a 52,000 square foot, state of the art senior care center and everything in between. We are a leading health source for our community, offering wellness programs, medical education and illness prevention. We are looking for a person with proven capability in mammography, mammography quality assurance, patient care.
Where you’ll live:
Some define happiness by their job title and salary, while others pursue quality of life. Our community combines the best of both worlds by fostering a growing outdoor industry business hub in the heart of Colorado’s Rocky Mountains. The Gunnison Valley, which includes the towns of Gunnison and Crested Butte, is a vibrant community of entrepreneurs and adventurers. We are deeply connected with our surrounding environment, neighbors and growing community. This is the kind of place where hard work is rewarded, whether that means a day on the mountain or at the office.
Here at Gunnison Valley Health, your good work will be rewarded. In addition to a competitive salary, a generous and affordable medical/dental/vision plan, and a matching 401(a) there are other great perks including:
- The chance to work with community stakeholders who have a genuine interest in Gunnison Valley Health and Breast Cancer Services
- Work/Life balance in an outdoor enthusiast’s mecca – 30 miles from a World Class Ski Resort!
- No traffic, and a scenic commute to the office
- Over 300 days of sunshine/year
- A culture of continuous learning
To be seriously considered for this role, you’ll need to have:
- Education – Graduation from an accredited school of Radiologic Technology.
- Experience – Minimum requirement of two years as a staff technologist with demonstrated patient care skills in mammography and mammography quality assurance. Background to include ACR accreditation and FDA requirements.
- Licenses/Certifications: Maintains current valid radiographic and mammography certification through the ARRT. Must be digital mammography certified.
- Skills –
- Ability to perform quality mammographic procedures and maintain quality assurance and control.
- Competence in completion of all mammographic paperwork and filing.
- Accountability and ownership for the QA process and Mammography Program and certification.
As the Mammography Coordinator for Gunnison Valley Health, you will be responsible for performing mammographic procedures and maintaining quality assurance and control. Quality assurance is maintained on a daily basis, and this includes keeping track of mammographic biopsies. Joining a highly qualified and multi-talented team, you’ll utilize your unique skills and ideas by:
- Leading and participating in opportunities to improve mammography skills and practice in quality assurance.
- Overseeing all aspects of the Mammography Program with responsibility as main point of contact for all inspections, which includes documentation and compliance.
- Ensuring that all Mammography specific policies are current and in accordance with MQSA guidelines. Experience with QA/QC and ACR.
- Partnering with and providing accurate information to radiologists and physicians to achieve the mission of Gunnison Valley Health.
- Promoting the GVH Breast program to the community and taking part in events sponsored by local non-profit – Tough Enough to Wear Pink.
Compensation: $38.03 - $49.00/hr, depending on experience.
Medical, dental, vision, health care FSA, and dependent care FSA: All active employees working 40 or more hours per pay period are eligible for benefits on the first of the month following date of hire. PRN staff are not initially eligible for benefits, and GVH follows all Affordable Health Care Act Eligibility guidelines.