Resident Services Manager
Work Hours: Mon-Fri, 8a-5p
Live, work, and play in the Rocky Mountains of Colorado! Gunnison Valley Health is looking for a Resident Services Manager to work in our brand new, state-of-the-art facility.
If you are experienced and are interested in:
- Living in a small town community
- Over 300 days of sunshine per year
- Unprecedented access to National Parks, lakes, rivers and mountains
This could be the job for you!
The Resident Services Manager is a member of the Leadership Team of GVH Senior Care Center and reports directly to the Administrator. This position's primary purpose is to plan, organize, develop, and direct the overall operation of resident services including Social Services and Admissions to assure that the spiritual development, emotional, recreational, & social needs of the residents are met/maintained on an individual basis and to direct and coordinate admissions.
Education: Must possess as a minimum a Bachelor’s Degree with a major in Social Science, Psychology or other relevant Human Services major or relevant experience.
Experience: Must have demonstrated an ability to function as an advocate, to work with others, and have an understanding of long-term care. Must possess an understanding of the aging process and the ability to work with the elderly emphasizing their strengths and potential.
Licenses/Certification: Licensed Social Worker preferred.
- Responsible to plan, develop, organize, implement, evaluate, and direct the social service & admissions, transfers and discharge programs of this facility.
- Collaborates with other departments in the delivery of care for the residents. Works in other areas as needed. Participates in the Interdisciplinary Team (IDT) and attends and contributes to the care plan meetings. Will complete all MDS information in a timely manner. Coordinates weekly meeting to obtain input from LEC's for IDT meeting.
- Responsible for planning and coordinating admissions, transfers and discharges with necessary parties (discharging/admitting facility, resident, resident family, departments, etc.). Makes home visits when necessary.
- Responsible for interviewing residents or family members as necessary to obtain written history and ensuring that resident and/or family is involved in planning objectives and goals for the resident.
- Assure that all progress notes charted are informative and descriptive of the services provided and of the resident’s response to the service. Contact family regarding patient needs.
- Work with the facilities consultants as necessary and implement changes as necessary.
- Responsible for maintaining updated admission paperwork and ensuring that paperwork is completed and filed appropriately in a timely manner.
- Responsible for ensuring that back-up personnel is adequately trained to assume duties during absence.
- Perform administrative duties such as completing necessary forms, reports, evaluations, studies, etc., and submit such to the administrator.
- Interpret the social service, & admission policies and procedures to employees, residents, visitors, government agencies etc., as necessary.
- Maintain an adequate liaison with residents and families as necessary.
- Maintain an excellent working relationship with other department supervisors and coordinate social services to assure that daily social service services can be performed without interruption. Represents Senior Care Center in a professional manner (with residents, families, visitors, surveyors, supporting agencies, etc.).
- Create and maintain an atmosphere of warmth, personal interest and positive emphasis, as well as a calm, service oriented, environment throughout the facility.
- Assist other departments in developing, implementing, and conducting in-service training programs that relate to resident services. Actively participate in in-service programs as directed by supervisor. Participates in fundraising activities.
- Coordinate and facilitate resident council meetings. Maintain written record of meeting minutes.
- Serve on facility Abuse Investigation Team and assist administrator in the investigation of allegations of abuse.
- Participates in the Performance Improvement activities of the organization and attends and contributes to the Quality Assurance Committee.
- Responsible to attend and contribute to SCC Leadership Team Meetings and other meetings/committees as directed by Supervisor.
- Responsible to attend workshops as directed and will actively seek out and recommend professional development opportunities. Will implement information obtained from workshops/professional development opportunities into department.
- Actively provides recommendations to the Administrator on opportunities for improvement in the department, as well as the overall organization.
- Responsible for keeping current with regulations pertaining to department.
- Assist in preparing and planning the department’s budget for equipment, supplies, and labor and submit such to the Administrator for review, recommendations, and approval. Operate department within annual budgeted amounts.
- Is willing to work beyond normal working hours, on weekends, and in other positions temporarily, when necessary.
- Assist in the development of departmental policies. Responsible to review and maintain the department’s policies, procedure manuals, job descriptions, etc., at least annually for revisions, and make recommendations to the Administrator.
- Review and assist in developing a plan of correction for resident services deficiencies noted during the survey inspections and provide a written copy of such to the Administrator.
- Responsible for coordinating resident PETI program.
- Responsible for utilizing crisis management, with critical thinking skills.
- Responsible for developing workable, efficient systems and forms for tracking.
- Responsible for providing facility/staff/resident grief and bereavement counseling.
- Responsible for working with outside vendors (Hospice, Home Health, Ancillary, etc.) to ensure smooth working relationship and assists in communication and education of outside services to staff.
- Participates in drills and emergency response training
- May be called in for SCC disaster response.
- Other duties as assigned.
Compensation & Benefits Eligibility
Compensation: $20/hr - $25/hr, depending on experience and without LCSW. Or, $26-$32/hr depending on experience with LCSW.
Medical, dental, vision, health care FSA, and dependent care FSA: All active employees working 40 or more hours per pay period are eligible for benefits on the first of the month following 30 days of active service. PRN staff are not initially eligible for benefits, and GVH follows all Affordable Health Care Act Eligibility guidelines.