Registered Nurse, PACU - New Grads Welcome!
Work Hours: 3-4 10 hour shifts per week plus call
Gunnison Valley Health is the sole community-owned health system for Gunnison County and surrounding areas. We are not just a hospital, we are a fully integrated health system providing services for all stages of life; from an award winning EMS department to a 52,000 square foot, state of the art senior care center and everything in between. We are a leading health source for our community, offering wellness programs, medical education and illness prevention. We are looking for someone who will join our small and highly qualified team of Surgical Service Professionals and help us provide exceptional care to our patients.
Here at Gunnison Valley Health, your good work will be rewarded. In addition to a competitive salary, a generous and affordable medical/dental/vision plan, and a matching 401(a) there are other great perks including:
- Work/Life balance in an outdoor enthusiast’s mecca
- No traffic jams, and a scenic commute to the office
- Over 300 days of sunshine per year
- Skiing/Hiking/Mountain Biking/Fishing surrounded by thousands of acres of public land
To be seriously considered for this role, you’ll need to have:
- Education: Graduation from an accredited school of nursing
- Experience: Minimum of 2 years experience in a PACU or other critical care nursing preferred, however we are willing consider new grad nurses.
- Licenses/Certification: RN License current in the state of Colorado. Current BLS certification, ACLS and PALS (or ENPC) within the first year and maintenance expected* thereafter. CAPA is preferred
- Skills –
- The ability to communicate, consult, and interact with team members to share pertinent information in a clear, concise, and tactful manner.
- Ability to report deviations in diagnostic studies such as lab values, radiology and EKG reports.
- Ability to exercise sound judgement, determine priorities, and manage time
As the PACU Nurse at Gunnison Valley Health, you will plan, organize, direct, execute and evaluate all aspects of patient care during the pre-operative and post-operative phases of surgical experience. You’ll utilize your unique skills and ideas by:
- Participating in process improvement and consistently offering solution based input in improving nursing practice.
- Asking questions, seeking out sources of information, demonstrating motivation in continuing education and strengthening your own circulator skills.
- Collaborating with all members of the health care team to plan, implement, and evaluate patient’s status and treatment plan.
- Completing the initial interview, medication reconciliation, anesthesia protocols, and patient education as required by policy.
Compensation: $28.95 - $39.95/hour, depending on experience. (Shift & Weekend Differential and Call Pay as well)
Medical, dental, vision, health care FSA, and dependent care FSA: All active employees working 40 or more hours per pay period are eligible for benefits on the first of the month following 30 days of active service.
Life and AD&D insurance: All active employees working 40 or more hours per pay period are eligible for benefits on the first of the month following or coinciding with 30 days of active service.
Short-term and long-term disability: All active employees working 60 or more hours per pay period are eligible for benefits on the first of the month following or coinciding with 30 days of active service.