Registered Nurse, M/S (FT)
Work Hours: Varies
Love Where You Work! Registered Nurse – Patient Care Unit
Gunnison Valley Health is the sole community-owned health system for Gunnison County and surrounding areas. We are not just a hospital, but a fully integrated health system providing services for all stages of life; from a newly renovated Family Birth Center to a 52,000 square foot, state of the art Senior Care Center and everything in between. We are a leading health source for our community. We are looking for the right person to join our small and highly qualified team of Registered Nurses (RN’s). We need YOU to journey with us as we provide exceptional care to our patients.
Where you’ll live:
Some define happiness by their job title and salary, while others pursue quality of life. Our community combines the best of both worlds by fostering a growing outdoor industry business hub in the heart of Colorado’s Rocky Mountains. The Gunnison Valley, which includes the towns of Gunnison and Crested Butte, is a vibrant community of entrepreneurs and adventurers. We are deeply connected with our surrounding environment, neighbors and growing community. This is the kind of place where hard work is rewarded, whether that means a day on the mountain or at the office.
Here at Gunnison Valley Health, your good work will be rewarded. In addition to a competitive salary, a generous and affordable medical/dental/vision plan, and a matching 401(a) there are other great perks including:
- Loan repayment!
- Great benefits including matched retirement, dependent care match, and lifestyle spending account!
- Work/Life balance in an outdoor enthusiast’s mecca
- No traffic, and a scenic commute to the office
To be seriously considered for this role, you’ll need to have:
- Education: Graduation from an accredited school of nursing. Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Experience: Minimum 1 year acute care experience required.
- Licenses/Certification: RN license current in the state of Colorado or compact state. Current BLS certification, ACLS and PALS maintenance expected.
As the Patient Care Unit Registered Nurse at Gunnison Valley Health, you will assess and care for patients by collaborating with all members of the health care team. You will assess and triage individuals who present for help with their own health issues. You will cross train and float to other areas of nursing as required. You’ll utilize your unique skills and ideas by:
- Participating in process improvement and consistently offering solution based input.
- Providing patient and family centered care.
- Continuing to attain knowledge and competency that reflects current nursing practices.
Medical, dental, vision, health care FSA, and dependent care FSA: All active employees working 40 or more hours per pay period are eligible for benefits on the first of the month following 30 days of active service. PRN staff are not initially eligible for benefits, and GVH follows all Affordable Health Care Act Eligibility guidelines.
Compensation: $29.48/hr - $37.35/hr, depending on experience.