Registered Nurse, ED FT
Work Hours: Varies
Love Where You Work! Registered Nurse – Emergency Department
Gunnison Valley Health is the sole community-owned health system for Gunnison County and surrounding areas. We are not just a hospital, but a fully integrated health system providing services for all stages of life; from a newly renovated Family Birth Center to a 52,000 square foot, state of the art Senior Care Center and everything in between. We are a leading health source for our community. We are looking for the right person to join our small and highly qualified team of Registered Nurses (RN’s). We need YOU to journey with us as we provide exceptional care to our patients.
Where you’ll live:
Some define happiness by their job title and salary, while others pursue quality of life. Our community combines the best of both worlds by fostering a growing outdoor industry business hub in the heart of Colorado’s Rocky Mountains. The Gunnison Valley, which includes the towns of Gunnison and Crested Butte, is a vibrant community of entrepreneurs and adventurers. We are deeply connected with our surrounding environment, neighbors and growing community. This is the kind of place where hard work is rewarded, whether that means a day on the mountain or at the office.
If you thrive assessing and triaging patients in a fast-paced environment, and you are interested in:
- Living in a small town community
- Great staff to patient ratios
- Working at a healthcare system where care is more personal and work is more rewarding
- Opportunity for growth, and ability to work on projects
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Great Benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision, Supplemental plans, Matched Retirement plan, Life Insurance, LTD and AD&D
- Generous Paid Time Off policy
- Proficiency in assessing and caring for patients. Documents, implements and updates plans of care.
- Collaborates with all members of the healthcare team to implement and evaluate a patient’s status and treatment plan.
- Cross-trains and floats to other areas of nursing as required.
- Interact with patient and significant others, while maintain the standard of professional nursing.
To be seriously considered for this role, you’ll need to have:
- Education: Graduation from an accredited school of nursing. Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Experience: Minimum 1 year acute care experience required.
- Licenses/Certification: RN license current in the state of Colorado or compact state. Current BLS certification, ACLS and PALS maintenance expected.
Medical, dental, vision, health care FSA, and dependent care FSA: All active employees working 40 or more hours per pay period are eligible for benefits on the first of the month following 30 days of active service. PRN staff are not initially eligible for benefits, and GVH follows all Affordable Health Care Act Eligibility guidelines.
Compensation: $29.48/hr - $37.35/hr, depending on experience.