Radiologic Technologist with CT Certification
Work Hours: 3 - 12hr shifts, Sun - Tues.
Gunnison Valley Health is the sole community-owned health system for Gunnison County and surrounding areas. We are not just a hospital, but a fully integrated health system providing services for all stages of life; from an award winning EMS department to a 52,000 square foot, state of the art senior care center and everything in between. We are a leading health source for our community, offering wellness programs, medical education and illness prevention. We are looking for someone who will join our small and highly qualified team of imaging professionals to help us provide exceptional care to our community members.
Here at Gunnison Valley Health, your good work will be rewarded. In addition to a competitive salary, a generous and affordable medical/dental/vision plan, and a matching 401(a) there are other great perks including:
- Work/Life balance in an outdoor enthusiast’s mecca
- No traffic, and a scenic commute to the office
- Over 300 days of sunshine/year
To be seriously considered for this role, you’ll need to have:
- Education: Graduation from an accredited school of Radiologic Technology.
- Experience: Minimum requirement of two years as a staff technologist with demonstrated patient care skills and one year of experience as a CT technologist. Ability to work with various hospital departments, and the public as required.
- Licenses/Certification: Registry or registry eligible with the A.R.R.T. (R)(CT). Maintenance of CPR or BLS.
- Skills –
- Knowledge of the GE Revolution Maxima 128-slice C.T. scanner to include AW workstation reformats.
- Ability to operate the GE Revolution Maxima CT scanner and understand helical, axial and CT fluoroscopy scanning.
- Ability to maintain accurate and complete patient records
- Ability to relate with ordering physicians and assist them with pertinent C.T. protocol when necessary
- Knowledge of interventional radiology procedures with the ability to assist the radiologist when necessary.
As the X-Ray/CT Tech at Gunnison Valley Health, you will be caring for members of the community by scanning patients to help identify internal injuries or to diagnose disease. This is a physically, emotionally and mentally challenging job. You’ll utilize your unique skills and ideas by:
- Providing care to the chronically and acutely ill patient while delivering clear instructions and answering questions to reduce anxiety.
- Offering superior patient care while maintaining a relaxed atmosphere.
- Operating computed tomography equipment and accessories, performing tube warm-ups and calibrations daily, and applying principles of radiation protection during exams to minimize unnecessary exposure.
- Communicating successfully and consistently with staff, physicians and patients.
Compensation: $34.95/hr - $39.06/hr, depending on experience.
Medical, dental, vision, health care FSA, and dependent care FSA: All active employees working 40 or more hours per pay period are eligible for benefits on the first of the month following 30 days of active service. PRN staff are not initially eligible for benefits, and GVH follows all Affordable Health Care Act Eligibility guidelines.
Life and AD&D insurance: All active employees working 40 or more hours per pay period are eligible for benefits on the first of the month following or coinciding with 30 days of active service.