Psychiatric Behavioral Health Nurse Provider
Work Hours: M-F 8-5
National Health Service Corps Eligible!
Gunnison Valley Health is the sole community-owned health system for Gunnison County and surrounding areas. We are not just a hospital, but a fully integrated health system providing services for all stages of life; from an award winning EMS department to a 52,000 square foot, state of the art senior care center and everything in between. We are a leading health source for our community, offering wellness programs, medical education and illness prevention. We are looking for someone who will provide assessment, diagnoses, and treatment to individuals and families while contributing to the quality of care, practice evaluation and healthcare reform!
Here at Gunnison Valley Health, your good work will be rewarded. In addition to a competitive salary, a generous and affordable medical/dental/vision plan, and a matching 401(a) there are other great perks including:
- The chance to work with community stakeholders who have a genuine interest in Gunnison Valley Health
- Work/Life balance in an outdoor enthusiast’s mecca
- No traffic, and a scenic commute to the office
- Over 300 days of sunshine/year
To be seriously considered for this role, you’ll need to have:
- Education – Masters of science in Nursing, with a Psychiatric/Behavioral Health emphasis, from an accredited college or university.
- License/Certification: Must be licensed as a Psychiatric Behavioral Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP) by the Colorado Board of Nursing. Board certification is preferred.
- Experience – Three years of experience as a nurse practitioner in a clinic setting preferred.
As the Psychiatric Behavioral Health Nurse Practitioner at Gunnison Valley Health, you will provide assessment, diagnoses, and treatment to individuals or families with psychiatric disorders while also identifying risk factors for such. You will also contribute to policy development, improvement of quality of care, practice evaluation, and healthcare reform. You’ll utilize your unique skills and ideas by:
- Implementing and supporting effective change in order to enhance the organizations performance.
- Working with others toward a shared purpose or goal by collaborating, partnering and cooperating with others.
- Overseeing the Behavioral Health services provided by GVH including the oversight of our Peer Support Specialist program.
Compensation: $47.72/hr - $57.56/hr, depending on experience.
Medical, dental, vision, health care FSA, and dependent care FSA: All active employees working 40 or more hours per pay period are eligible for benefits on the first of the month following 30 days of active service.
Life and AD&D insurance: All active employees working 40 or more hours per pay period are eligible for benefits on the first of the month following or coinciding with 30 days of active service.
Short-term and long-term disability: All active employees working 60 or more hours per pay period are eligible for benefits on the first of the month following or coinciding with 30 days of active service.