Personal Care Provider (PRN)
Work Hours: Varied
.Provide personal care to residents. Duties may include; provide medications and treatments to residents following physicians orders. Prepare and serve meals. Perform housekeeping duties such as cleaning, washing clothes and dishes. Assist residents with Activities of Daily Living such as bathing, dressing, personal hygiene, etc. Providing transportation to physicians appointments or outings. Assisting with Activities program.
Education: Must possess minimum of a high school diploma or equalivent. Must be able to read, write and speak the English language in an understandable manner.
Experience: Must be a minimum of 18 years of age and have demonstrated the ability to learn the functions of the job during past employment. On the job training provided.
Licenses/Certification: Must succesfully complete the Qualified Medication Administration Person training. (Provided)
Must have and maintain a valid/current Colorado Drivers License.
- Perform housekeeping duties such as cooking, cleaning, washing clothes and dishes and running errands.
- Serving breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Assisting with or prompting resident to perform Activities of Daily Living, for example, bathing, dressing, personal hygiene, etc.
- Providing reminders for meal times, activities, appointments, etc.
- Performing health-care related tasks such as taking blood pressure and oxygen levels
- Providing transportation to doctor's appointments or Assisted Living outings.
- Carrying out duties associated with the Activities Program
- Administers medication as ordered after obtaining Qualified Medication Assistance Person certification
- Preparing and maintaining records of client progress and services performed, and reporting any changes in client condition to manager or supervisor.
- Reports resident/employee grievances directly to manager or his/her designee
- Follows current Federal, State and local standards, guidelines and regulations governing the facility and as may be directed by the Manager.
- Provides care as directed according to residents' physical, psychosocial and cultural needs.
- Utilizes time management strategies to complete resident care assignments within shift
- Facilitates communication between staff and residents
- Participates in drills and emergency response training
- May be called in for GLC disaster response.
- Other duties as assigned.