Work Hours: tue-friday
Performs physical evaluation within scope of Ortho Bionomy practice and applies a range of treatments, to include manual therapy, reflexive work, and energy work to patients. Develops and implements Ortho Bionomy treatment and therapy plans. Core Competencies: Restraint use, Pain Management, Falls, Age Specific, Compliance and CEU’s.
Education: High School/ GED Equivalent.
Experience: 1- 3 years’ experience after certification
Licenses/Certification: Certification with SOBI Ortho Bionomy Society
- Talk with clients about symptoms, medical history, and desired results.
- Evaluate clients to locate painful or tense areas of the body
- Manipulate muscles or other soft tissues of the body
- Provide clients with guidance on stretching, strengthening, overall relaxation, and how to improve their posture
- Document patients/residents condition and progress, ie. SOAP notes when applicable.
- Communication skills. Therapists need to listen carefully to clients in order to understand what they want to achieve through massage sessions.
- Decision-making skills. Therapists must evaluate each client’s needs and recommend the best treatment on the basis of that person’s needs.
- Empathy. Therapists must give clients a positive experience, which requires building trust between therapist and client. Making clients feel comfortable is necessary for therapists to expand their client base.
- Physical stamina. Therapists may give several treatments during a workday and have to stay on their feet throughout massage appointments.
- Physical strength and dexterity. Therapists must be strong and able to exert pressure through a variety of movements of the arms and hands when manipulating a client’s muscles.
- Referrals. Therapist must consult and refer to appropriate modality when condition is outside of scope of practice, involving supervisor and medical provider when appropriate.
- Scheduling and collecting payment when applicable in Athena/CPSI.
- Attends Monthly Meeting, One-on-one meeting, participate in Study Groups.
- Charting and Charging in appropriate computer program.
- Education of GVH and Medical Staff about Ortho Bionomy
- Participates in drills and emergency response training.
- May be called in for GVH disaster response.
- Other duties as assigned.