Work Hours: Monday - Friday
Great Schedule! - Monday - Friday, 8-5pm, no major holidays, no weekends!
Compensation: $29.65/hr - $36.00/hr, depending on experience.
Affordable and generous benefits plan!
Gunnison Valley Health is the sole community-owned health system for Gunnison County and surrounding areas. We are not just a hospital, but a fully integrated health system providing services for all stages of life; from an award winning EMS department to a 52,000 square foot, state of the art senior care center and everything in between. We are a leading health source for our community, offering wellness programs, medical education and illness prevention. We are looking for someone who will join our small and highly qualified team on Oncology Nurses and provide exceptional care to our community members experiencing cancer and other chronic illnesses.
Here at Gunnison Valley Health, your good work will be rewarded. In addition to a competitive salary, a generous and affordable medical/dental/vision plan, and a matching 401(a) there are other great perks including:
- Work/Life balance in an outdoor enthusiast’s mecca
- Monday – Friday schedule, no weekends, no nights, no major holidays
- No traffic, and a scenic commute to the office
- Over 300 days of sunshine/year
To be seriously considered for this role, you’ll need to have:
- Education: Minimum high school diploma or GED required. Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in nursing from an accredited school of nursing preferred.
- Experience: Minimum 2 years acute care experience required. Oncology experience preferred. Experience in multiple hospital departments preferred. 1 year of relevant experience in patient financial services, such as patient registration, insurance authorization, billing and coding preferred.
- Licenses/Certification: Certifications/Licenses: RN License current in the state of Colorado or compact state. Current BLS certification, ACLS maintenance expected*. ONC Certification preferred.*Expected = if clinicians expire they must be signed up for the next available class after their expiration and per director discretion
- Skills –
- Knowledge of the hazardous nature of many of the agents administered, and proper handling precautions.
- Ability to review and interpret lab relevant lab results
- Ability to assist patients and their family in understanding their disease, treatment plan, and possible side effects.
- Ability to translate complex medical terminology and answer questions with compassion and understanding.
- Ability to exercise sound judgement, determine priorities, and manage time
As the Oncology Nurse at Gunnison Valley Health, you will be caring for members of the community with cancer and other chronic diseases. This is a physically, emotionally and mentally challenging job. You’ll utilize your unique skills and ideas by:
- Providing care to the chronically and acutely ill patient through the nursing process of assessment, diagnosis, outcomes identification, planning, implementation, and evaluation.
- Tracking laboratory, pathology and imaging studies.
- Assuring the safety of patients by following all procedures related to verification of orders and products when administering chemotherapy, bio therapy, blood products and other medications.
- Attaining knowledge and competency that reflects current nursing practice.
Medical, dental, vision, health care FSA, and dependent care FSA: All active employees working 40 or more hours per pay period are eligible for benefits on the first of the month following 30 days of active service.
Life and AD&D insurance: All active employees working 40 or more hours per pay period are eligible for benefits on the first of the month following or coinciding with 30 days of active service.
Short-term and long-term disability: All active employees working 60 or more hours per pay period are eligible for benefits on the first of the month following or coinciding with 30 days of active service.