Nursing Informatics Specialist, Rocky Mountains, Colorado!
Work Hours: M-F
Love Where You Work! Nursing Informatics Specialist.
Create a bridge between our organizational systems and our providers and clinical staff! Gunnison Valley Health is the sole community-owned health system for Gunnison County and surrounding areas. We are not just a hospital, but a fully integrated health system providing services for all stages of life; from a newly renovated Family Birth Center to a 52,000 square foot, state of the art Senior Care Center and everything in between. We are a leading health source for our community. We are looking for the right person to join our small and highly qualified team of Nursing Leaders. We need YOU to journey with us as we provide exceptional care to our patients.
Where you’ll live:
Some define happiness by their job title and salary, while others pursue quality of life. Our community combines the best of both worlds by fostering a growing outdoor industry business hub in the heart of Colorado’s Rocky Mountains. The Gunnison Valley, which includes the towns of Gunnison and Crested Butte, is a vibrant community of entrepreneurs and adventurers. We are deeply connected with our surrounding environment, neighbors and growing community. This is the kind of place where hard work is rewarded, whether that means a day on the mountain or at the office.
Here at Gunnison Valley Health, your good work will be rewarded. In addition to a competitive salary, a generous and affordable medical/dental/vision plan, and a matching 401(a) there are other great perks including:
- Work/Life balance in an outdoor enthusiast’s mecca
- No traffic, and a scenic commute to the office
- Over 300 days of sunshine/year
- Skiing/Hiking/Mountain Biking/Fishing surrounded by thousands of acres of public land
To be seriously considered for this role, you’ll need to have:
- Education: BSN from an accredited school of nursing
- Experience: Minimum 3 years experience in clinical practice /information technology preferred
- Licenses/Certification: RN licensed in the State of Colorado (or a compact license) ACLS, PALS and BLS.
- Skills –
- Ability to contribute to the construction of an interoperable national data infrastructure.
- Ability to assist in building and implementing efficient clinical processes
- Ability to collaborate with directors, physicians, and clincians to support health care access, deliver and evaluation
- Ability to exercise sound judgement, determine priorities, and manage time
As the Nursing Informatics Specialist at Gunnison Valley Health you are acting as a connector between our systems and our staff. You will support nurses, physicians, clinicians in decision making in order to achieve the desired outcomes. You’ll utilize your unique skills and ideas by:
- Improving the workflow through communication and information technologies
- Ensuring that information systems remain updated
- Collaborating with users, leadership, nursing, and the IT department to resolve conflict between the workflow and the information systems
- Providing integration consultation and recommendations to the IT Department for EHRsystems deployment on the clinical units and with the medical staff.
- Leading in process and change management.
Helpful Community Links:
Compensation: $30.89 - $43.24/hr, depending on experience.
Medical, dental, vision, health care FSA, and dependent care FSA: All active employees working 40 or more hours per pay period are eligible for benefits on the first of the month following date of hire. PRN staff are not initially eligible for benefits, and GVH follows all Affordable Health Care Act Eligibility guidelines.