Life Enrichment Provider - SCC Life Enrichment
Senior Care Center
SCC Life Enrichment
The primary purpose of your job is to assist the Coordinator and deliver portions of the Life Enrichment Program under the supervision of the Coordinator in accordance with Federal, State and local standards, guidelines, and regulations as well as our established policies and procedures, to assure that our residents attain or maintain the highest practicable physical, mental and psychosocial well-being.
Education: Must be a minimum of eighteen (18) years of age. Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent.
Licenses/Certification: Must have and maintain a valid/current Colorado Driver's License and submit to a background check. Must be trained or willing to be trained as a C.A.N.
· Must be willing to work days and some evenings and weekends as needed
· Must be able to read, write, and speak the English language in an understandable manner
· Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action
· Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel, and the general public
· Must be knowledgeable of activities practices and procedures, as well as laws, regulations, and guidelines governing activity functions in our facility.
· Should possess leadership ability and willingness to work harmoniously with and supervise professional and non-professional personnel.
· Should have the ability to plan, organize, develop, implement and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies, procedures, etc., of the Activities Department.
· Must maintain the care and use of supplies, equipment, etc., and maintain the appearance of activities areas, must perform regular inspections of activities service areas for sanitation, order, safety, and proper performance of assigned duties
· Must possess the ability to seek out new methods and principles and be willing to incorporate them into existing department practices.
· Must have a sincere desire to work with the aged.
· Must have some understanding of the social, psychological, and recreational needs of the aged.
· Must be able to cope with mental and emotional stress of the position.
· Must function independently, have flexibility, personal integrity, and the ability to work effectively with residents, personnel, and support agencies.
· Must be in good general health and demonstrate emotional stability.
· Must be able top relate to and work with ill, disabled, elderly, emotionally upset, and at times hostile people within the facility.
· Participates in drills and emergency response training
· May be called in for SCC disaster response.
· Other duties as assigned.