Life Enriching Caregiver
The main purpose of this position is to provide residentswith routine daily nursing care in accordance with our established nursing careprocedures, and as may be directed by the supervisor. In addition, to provide various activitiesfor the resident in order to sustain a positive quality of life.
Education: Must possess as a minimum, a high school diplomaor equivalent and be 17 years of age at start of the class, if taking theclass, or at hire.
Experience: Must be a graduate of an approved Nurse's AideTraining program, or enter our program. If you do not possess a state license you must pass the test and obtainsuch license within 120 days of finishing the c.n.a. class.
Licenses/Certification: Current CNA certification in thestate of Colorado. Has gone through aCertified Training Program. Must haveand maintain a valid current Colorado Driver's License.
- Assist residents with dressing/undressing/hair care/nailcare/ear care/eye care as necessary
- Assist residents with bathing/toileting/morning routinessuch as brushing teeth, washing face, dressing etc . Report as needed.
- Participate in and receive the nursing report upon reportingfor duty.
- Assist residents in preparing for activity and socialprograms. Helping residents walk or pushthem in their wheelchair
- Assist with lifting, positioning, turning, moving andtransporting into and out of beds, wheelchairs, chairs, bathtubs, liftsvehicles, etc.
- Must possess the ability to seek out new activity methods toensure resident simple pleasures are met.
- Prepare residents for meals, as well as serving food trays,beverages and assist with assistive dining as indicated and record resident'sfood intake/fluid intake and eating habits.
- Provide daily indwelling catheter care, perineal care andrestorative program.
- Assist in transporting residents on outings and Doctorappointments. Ensuring resident issecure in vehicle.
- Measure and record temps, pulse, blood pressure, andrespirations as instructed. Maintainintake and output records as instructed.
- Observe and report the presence of any skin issues.
- Answer resident calls promptly.
- Must function independently, have flexibility, personalintegrity, and the ability to work effectively with residents, personnel, andsupport agencies.
- Plan, organize, develop, implement and interpret activitiesthat meet the physical, spiritual, mental and psychosocial needs of theResidents.
- Provide pet care for the resident animals.
- Must have some understanding of the social, psychological,and recreational needs of the aged.
- Participates in drills and emergency response training
- May be called in for GVH disaster response.
- Other duties as assigned.