The Lead Customer Service Representative is responsible for assisting the PFS and Customer Service Supervisor to assist the Customer Service staff on assisting patients with all questions or issues using exceptional interpersonal and decision-making skills. All valid bill complaints or grievances are to be documented in the appropriate AR system (CPSI or Athena) system when the complaint is received. The Lead Customer Service Representative is responsible to make certain all questions or issues are properly handled, maintenance in the AR system by the staff and ensure they are resolved to the patient’s satisfaction.
This position communicates with patients, and patient family members to resolve obstacles preventing account resolution and obtain payment. The Lead Customer Service Representative will communicate in a compassionate and professional manner with Customer Service staff, patients, patient’s family members, physicians, and other hospital staff.
Education: Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent.
Experience: One year minimum hospital Patient Financial Services experience. Two or more years in a healthcare setting (hospital and physician office or Registration department). CPSI experience preferred.
* Observes professional ethics in maintaining confidential information concerning the personal, financial, medical, or employment status of a patient of GVH and their families.
* Assists patients either over the telephone or in person with questions or issues related to the revenue cycle when customer service staff requests assistance or is covering for a staff member out of office.
* Educates patients on the financial policies of the hospital for Financial Assistance Program and Colorado Indigent Care Program. Assist with completing a Prescreening application for Financial Assistance.
* Reviews high dollar adjustments and sends to PFS and CSR Supervisor for final approval. Posts adjustments to accounts after approval process.
* Provides feedback to the PFS and CSR Supervisor and Revenue Cycle Director to ensure the department processes are continually improving.
* Responsible for keeping PFS and CSR Supervisor and Revenue Cycle Director informed of patient complaints and other self-pay account information.
* Responsible for cross training and knowing the responsibilities of other positions in the Patient Financial Services Department, Admissions Department and Receptionist.
Compensation: $16/hr - $19/hr, depending on experience.
Medical, dental, vision, health care FSA, and dependent care FSA: All active employees working 40 or more hours per pay period are eligible for benefits on the first of the month following 30 days of active service.
Life and AD&D insurance: All active employees working 40 or more hours per pay period are eligible for benefits on the first of the month following or coinciding with 30 days of active service.
Short-term and long-term disability: All active employees working 60 or more hours per pay period are eligible for benefits on the first of the month following or coinciding with 30 days of active service.