IS Computer Technician
Work Hours: M-F 8 to 5
Under the direction of the IS Director, this position will be responsible for providing hardware technical support to Gunnison Valley Health employees and workforce members. This position is responsible for providing helpdesk support for hardware including but not limited to PCs, laptops, printers, scanners, monitors, and other computer hardware. This position is also responsible for supporting users on 3rd party applications and both our internal and external portal users. This position will work closely with the IS director and network administrator to improve GVH's software suite and the users experience with them.
Education: Associate's Degree in Business or Computer Sciences OR comparable work experience
Experience: Qualified candidates will know Windows active directory, hardware firewalls, and virtual environments. Excellent communication skills with the ability to work independently and make sound decisions
- Maintains up to date experience with Windows Servers, and Windows Operating Environments. As well as knowledge of virtual environments and windows active directory.
- Responsible for the setup and maintenance of GVH's IT hardware and equipment.
- Identifies problems with hardware and assigned software applications
- Resolves identified problems with hardware and software.
- Makes recommendations for improvements to staff’s usage of hardware and software.
- Maintains our Portal Server and provides support to 3rd party users.
- Maintains local hardware and ensures PCs properly update.
- Demonstrates flexibility in response to unexpected changes in workload, staffing and scheduling.
- Provides customer support for patients using the patient portals we have.
- Works well with the other IT staff to resolve any issues we have with our programs or hardware.
- Provides support to end users for hardware, hosted applications, and issues with GVH portals.
Compensation: $22.61 - $27.13/hr, depending on experience.
Medical, dental, vision, health care FSA, and dependent care FSA: All active employees working 40 or more hours per pay period are eligible for benefits on the first of the month following date of hire. PRN staff are not initially eligible for benefits, and GVH follows all Affordable Health Care Act Eligibility guidelines.