Human Resources Assistant
Work Hours: Monday - Friday, 8am - 5p
This position is responsible for all Human Resource clerical administration for Gunnison Valley Health System. Responsible for upkeep of employee files to meet regulatory standards and supports the HR team in clerical function. Assists employees with support and information concerning policies and procedures of the organization. Maintains confidentiality of all information and excellent customer service.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree preferred in a related field.
Experience: One (1) year clerical experience required in an office setting, preferably in a healthcare field or human resource department. Ability to work effectively under stress of meeting deadlines and responding to change. Ability to relate well with health system employees, physicians, board members and visitors. Demonstrated excellent customer service skills. Proficient word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software skills.
Licenses/Certification: SHRM-CP or PHR preferred.
- Management of Employee Hard Files in Human Resources
- Creates new employee files ensuring accuracy and completeness for Joint Commission and other regulatory agency compliance. Maintains accuracy of employee files going forward.
- Processes and files all incoming data appropriately in employee files.
- Tracks, monitors, and solicits updated copies of all clinical licensure, competencies, certifications and BLS/CPR cards from Directors and employees. Updates said licensure in Payroll & LMS software for ease in tracking.
- Communicates monthly to Directors and employees having expiring licensure ensuring that renewals are updated and in the employee files in a timely manner.
- Provides backup to Recruitment & Onboarding Specialist when needed with new-hire processing. (Processes drug testing, criminal history checks and sanctions in a timely fashion and collects references, Personnel Action Forms, licensure and necessary certifications prior to first day. Assists with collecting necessary new hire paperwork on employee’s first day: I-9, W4, Colorado Affidavit, Mid-month packet, signed policies, etc.)
- Enters all employee benefit enrollments and changes in the appropriate site for insurance coverages.
- Verifies and tracks required licensure, certifications, and registrations for all facilities. Informs HR Director and individual department director of any delays or delinquencies of employee required licensure, certifications, registrations to ensure there are no employees working without the required active licenses or certifications.
- Data Entry of all Worker’s Compensation claims, Unemployment Claims, and all Employee Benefit Enrollments.
- Creates new FMLA packets for employees requesting leave.
- GVHS On-Line Learning Administration: Enters and deactivates new employees in the on-line learning system. Tracks completion of employee on-line learning. Maintains appropriate records of course completion in employee files. Assigns courses to participants as directed by the HR Director and HR team. Informs HR Director of on-line learning system problems, when unresolved by the providing contractor. Informs HR Director and individual department directors of progress of employee completion/delinquency of assigned courses.
- Processes all verification of employment requests in a timely manner.
- Coordinates 90 Day Employee Feedback sessions. Sends invites, receives RSVP’s, reminds Leadership, orders food.
- Coordinates employee recognition events as requested.
- Manages “Caught Caring” program by tracking nominations, creating certificates, obtaining necessary signatures, distributing to E-Team member, submitting nominations for monthly most outstanding and coordinating recognition opportunity at Leadership team.
- Assists in term process of employees and creates process for collecting badge, keys, GVH property.
- Assists employees with HR forms and instructions as needed. Assures necessary forms are in stock, and general access folders of forms are filled on a regular basis.
- Coordinates attendance of Orientation day. Prepares new employee orientation packets for new health system staff. Prepares room and greets new employees.
- Assists with organizing and orchestrating the coordination of employee recognition events by partnering with Marketing team (when necessary) to create communication flyers, emails and intranet posts. Partners with HR Director and team to arrange meeting times and communicate the events.
- Enters all employee data into respective facility payroll/HR software systems in timely manner.
- Tracks Performance Evaluations and Goal Setting process to ensure compliance.
- Monthly EPLS and OIG sanction checks for all health system employees.
- Uploads credit card receipts in a timely manner prior to month end and assigns appropriate notes and GL’s.
- Reviews new HR invoices, assigns appropriate GL and submits to HR Director for approval on a weekly basis by Wednesday morning.
- Manages process for guiding Shadows, Observers, Interns, Volunteers etc, through our regulatory requirements.
- Creates new badges for employees, visitors, board members, physicians, and vendors.
- Maintenance of Performance Manager system by creating monthly feed file uploads.
- Takes primary lead on managing payroll entry changes each payroll cycle (biweekly). Assistant Director of HR provides support and is the HR lead for complex payroll situations.
- Maintains ACA reporting requirements on an annual basis, but keeps up with it each month.
- Assists with managing GVH Corporate Housing application process, calendar reservations and cleaning schedule.
- Performs continuous HR File Tracers to maintain our survey readiness in HR.
- Provides HR Director with monthly data requested for reporting file compliance issues to the Environment of Care committee.
- Creates an image of helpfulness and proper guidance with all HR situations that arise. Organizes work area to insure a positive visual image of completeness of work. Insures work is neat, clear and accessible for Director and HR Team when absent. Communicates and resolves problems in a calm, helpful manner. Shows forward vision by offering ideas for more efficient processes.
- Participates in drills and emergency response training
- May be called in for GVH disaster response.
- Other duties as assigned.