Housekeeper - Senior Care Center
Work Hours: Varied
The primary purpose of this job is to perform the day-to-day activities of the housekeeping & laundry section in accordance with current Federal, State, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations governing our facility, and as may be directed by the Director of Environmental services. To assure that our facility is maintained in a clean, safe, and sanitary manner, and residents living areas are clean, neat and sanitary at all times. As an Environmental Services Technician, you are delegated the authority, responsibility, and accountability necessary for carrying out your assigned duties. Your direct supervisor is the Director of Environmental Services.
Education: Must possess as a minimum a high school diploma or equivalent.
Experience: Must have demonstrated the ability to learn the functions of this job during past employment. Must be a minimum of eighteen (18) years of age.
Licenses/Certification: Must possess the ability to follow written and oral instructions concerning the mixture of cleaning compounds, liquids, cleaning instructions, use of equipment etc. Must be able to read, write, and speak the English language in an understandable manner. Must possess the ability to make independent decisions, follow instructions and accept constructive criticism.
· Must be able to relate to and work with ill, disabled, elderly, emotionally upset, and at times hostile people within the facility.
· Perform duties on work/cleaning schedules or as assigned
· Coordinate daily housekeeping & laundry services with nursing and activities services when performing routine assignments in the resident living/recreation areas.
· Is subject to frequent interruptions and may have to reschedule housekeeping & laundry activities
· Is involved with residents, personnel, visitors, government agencies/personnel, physicians, etc. under all conditions and circumstances.
· Is subject to hostile and emotionally upset residents, family members, etc.
· Communicates with environmental personnel, nursing staff, and other department personnel.
· Is willing to work beyond normal working hours, on weekends and in other positions temporarily, when necessary.
· Attends and participates in continuing educational programs.
· May be required to work on weekends and holidays.
· May be required to work shifts other than the one hired.
· Must maintain the care and use of supplies, equipment, etc. and maintain the appearance of the facilities areas, for sanitation, order, and safety.
· Must be willing to work harmoniously with professional and non-professional personnel.
· Must have patience, tact, cheerful disposition and enthusiasm, as well as be willing to handle residents based on whatever maturity level they are currently functioning.
· Must possess the ability to seek out or accept new methods and principals and be willing to incorporate them into existing department practices.
· Coordinate isolation procedures with nursing services.
· Cleaning floors, to include sweeping, dusting, wet mopping, stripping and re-waxing floors, power scrubbing of floors. Assure that appropriate caution/safety signs are set up prior to performing such tasks.
· Perform day-to-day housekeeping/Laundry functions as assigned.
· Perform specific and assigned tasks in accordance with our established housekeeping & Laundry procedures.
Compensation: $16.00 - $18.40/hr, depending on experience.
Medical, dental, vision, health care FSA, and dependent care FSA: All active employees working 40 or more hours per pay period are eligible for benefits on the first of the month following date of hire. PRN staff are not initially eligible for benefits, and GVH follows all Affordable Health Care Act Eligibility guidelines.