Home Medical Services Registered Nurse
Work Hours: 3 days per week
The person in this position is responsible for providing patient care and case management using the nursing process and the individualized Plan of Care to assigned home health/hospice and palliative care patients. Administers skilled nursing care to patients requiring intermittent professional nursing services in accordance with Department policies and procedures. The Registered Nurse makes the initial evaluation visit, regularly re-evaluates the patient’s nursing needs, initiates the plan of care and necessary revisions, furnishes services requiring substantial and specialized nursing skill, initiates appropriate preventive and rehabilitative nursing procedures, prepares clinical and progress notes, coordinates services, informs physician and other personnel of changes in the patients condition and needs, counsels the patient and family in meeting nursing and related needs, and participates in in-service programs and supervises and teaches other nursing personnel.
Education: Graduate of an Accredited School of Nursing
Experience: At least one year experience as Registered Nurse. Previous experience with home health/hospice/palliative care preferred
Licenses/Certification: Licensed Registered Nurse in the State of Colorado, must have a valid Colorado drivers license within thirty days of hire, current automobile insurance, reliable transportation, and current CPR certification.
- Projects a professional manner and image.
- Performs focused and comprehensive patient data collection which is specialized for each individual patient.
- Prepares clinical and progress notes in accordance with agency policy.
- Explain and operate equipment used as appropriate for procedures and treatment if necessary.
- Involve client as able in decision making and planning of care.
- Obtain data on physical, psychological, social and spiritual factors that may influence patient/family health status and incorporate that data into the plan of care.
- Identify and plans for safety needs of the adult patient and initiates referral(s) as appropriate and necessary
- Provide information on community support services and contact Clinical Supervisor to arrange referrals as appropriate.
- Instructs primary caregiver, volunteers and other team members to provide care as indicated. Updates care plan to reflect changes.
- Attends HH Case Conferences, Hospice IDT meetings to relay information about new and current patients and to ensure continuity of patient care service as per plan of care.
- Uses policy and procedure manuals, and other reference materials to ensure proper course of action.
- Provides accurate and timely information using discretion and protects confidentiality of information.
- Does not let personal conflicts interfere with work performance.
- Participates in opportunities to improve practice as evidenced by involvement in data collection, task forces or projects.
- Demonstrates prioritizing skills for delivering care. Makes the telephone contact and/or assessment visits with potential patients to provide information on services offered and/or assess patient’s status.
- Reports to work on time with no more than 1 tardy per pay period. Works as scheduled. No identified pattern of absence
- Demonstrates ability to present ideas and information in a concise, effective and interpersonally appropriate manner through written and oral forms.
- Demonstrates the ability to take responsibility and ownership for the outcome of all actions and decisions with particular emphasis on customer satisfaction and fiscal performance
- Demonstrates the ability to support and implement effective change in order to enhance organizational performance.
- Demonstrates clinical competency.
- Utilizes time management strategies to complete patient care assignments within shift
- Promotes medication safety by following home health policies and procedures when administering medication to patients and following the 5 rights of patient medication administration.
- Performs initial admission visit for home health start of care. Completes required documentation within required timeframes. Demonstrates OASIS competency. Performs all other comprehensive OASIS visits.
- Willingly takes part in on-call assignments. Performs duties of the on-call nurse promptly and efficiently. Willingly covers back-up call for the on-call RN/LPN as needed and requested by the supervisor.
- Performs supervisory visits for the CNA and LPN in accordance with agency policy and mandated conditions of participation.
- Willingly participates in required CEU training on an ongoing basis as a requirement to maintain employment in HH/Hospice.
- Participates in drills and emergency response training
- May be called in for GVH disaster response.
- Other duties as assigned
Compensation: $30.20/hr - $37.00/hr, depending on experience.
Medical, dental, vision, health care FSA, and dependent care FSA: All active employees working 40 or more hours per pay period are eligible for benefits on the first of the month following 30 days of active service. PRN staff are not initially eligible for benefits, and GVH follows all Affordable Health Care Act Eligibility guidelines.