Home Medical Services Certified Nurse Aide
Work Hours: Varied Shifts
We are seeking a self starter who has the ability to work independently in the field visiting home health/hospice patients in their homes. Must have reliable transportation and be able to travel within the Gunnison County area.
The Certified Nurses Assistant is a trained, certified caregiver. The Certified Nurses Assistant provides personal care to patients as prescribed in the C.N.A. instructions/plan of care under the supervision of the Staff Nurse. The C.N.A. provides additional services to patients as allowed by the scope of practice and additional training.
Education: Minimum high school degree or eqivalent
• Three year of experience as a C.N.A. preferred.
• Completes the Hospice volunteer training program within 1 year of hire.
• Proven ability to relate on an empathetic level with patient/family and not to impose own value system on them
• Proven assertive ability to communicate with physicians and other health care providers on a collaborative level.
Licenses/Certification: Current Colorado Nurses Aide license required. Current CPR Certification.
• Assists the staff with planning, implementing and documenting nursing care within the C.N.A. scope of practice that is appropriate to the patients’ needs, cultural belief, and plan of care.
• Documents, based on accurate and thorough subjective and objective information on the patient’s medical record provided for C.N.A. charting.
• Fosters good communication and rapport between Home Health, Hospice & PC, patients, family and primary physician.
• Participates in staff meetings, interdisciplinary team meetings and attends staff development programs.
• Coordinates and teaches patient/family/caregiver on specific aspects of the patient’s care in order to promote safety, maximize wellness and facilitate their participation in care.
• Participates in Hospice & PC activities in the community
• Adheres to the practices of confidentiality regarding PHI and HIPPA practices.
• C.N.A. scope of practice: perform vital signs, bath/shower patients, perform assessment of patient's skin integrity and hydration status, psycho-social condition assessment during visit, range of motion exercises and other as assigned and instructed by nurse, teach patient and family ambulatory techniques with and without DME keeping patient safety in mind, provide general education to pt. and caregiver on performing ADL in a safe and appropriate manner to their ability and strength at the time of visit, assess nutritional status and offer recommendations related to feeding techniques, improving nutritional intake and specialty diets as directed by the nurse for a particular patient condition/illness., perform other duties within the scope of the C.N.A. license under the direction of the staff nurse.
Compensation: $16.00/hr - $18.40/hr, depending on experience.
Medical, dental, vision, health care FSA, and dependent care FSA: All active employees working 40 or more hours per pay period are eligible for benefits on the first of the month following date of hire. PRN staff are not initially eligible for benefits, and GVH follows all Affordable Health Care Act Eligibility guidelines.