Home Health & Hospice Clinical Coordinator (RN)
Work Hours: 8-5 and on call as needed
The Coordinator assists with providing direction to the skilled nursing and other services furnished for patients enrolled in HMS agency care. This person is available at all times during operating hours and participates in all activities relevant to the professional services furnished. Assists the HMS director to plan, organize, develop, staff, deliver, and direct the overall operation of the agency. Serves as the ongoing liaison among departmental staff, the department director, and other system-wide and community representatives as necessary. Responsible for the planning, organizing and leading of clinical staff.
Education: Must possess as a minimum a current Colorado license as a Registered Nurse.
Experience: Prefer two- (2) year’s experience in home health/hospice, or hospital nursing. Must be able to manage multiple priorities and possess effective time management and organizational skills. Must be able to effectively problem solve employee and client/patient issues.
Licenses/Certification: Must possess as a minimum a current Colorado license as Registered Nurse, valid driver’s license, current automobile insurance, reliable transportation and current CPR certification. Complete Home Health Administrator training of 16 hours within first 6 months of hire.
- Coordinates care that is consistent with accepted standards of practice for the following disciplines: nursing, medical social services, aide, and therapy services (PT, OT, SLP).
- Assists the director with departmental HR responsibilities including hiring, training and evaluating staff in accordance to facility policies and procedures.
- Assists the director with determining staffing requirements necessary to meet the departments needs, and assign a sufficient number of personnel to meet these needs.
- Assist the director to develop, implement, and maintain an effective orientation program that orients the new employee to the department, its policies and procedures, and to her/his job position and duties.
- Coordinates staffing patterns to meet staff and geographical needs among staff/patients; take referrals as necessary to ensure agency coverage. Coordinates and develops the nursing 24-hour call schedule.
- Ensures nursing visits are made routinely available on a 24-hour basis 7 days a week. Organizes other reasonable and necessary services on a 24-hour basis when reasonable and necessary to meet the needs of the patient and family.
- Ensures the appropriate documentation (OASIS) is assigned and completed by home health personnel and submitted to regulatory agencies within required time frames.
- Assists the director to plan, develop, organize, implement and evaluate operations, activities and programs.
- Participates in interviewing and selecting patients for admission to home health, hospice and palliative care.
- Ensures all personnel furnishing services maintain liaisons to ensure that their efforts are coordinated effectively and support the objectives outlined in the plan of care.
- Ensures the clinical record or minutes of case conferences establish that effective interchange, reporting, and coordination of patient care does occur.
- Serves as a clinical liaison, as assigned by the director, with Gunnison Valley Health system and other community agencies related to departmental functions and direct patient care.
- Regularly evaluates the care given by each staff member, and keeps director informed of staff learning or counseling needs.
- Provides home visits for patients on as needed basis as well as participating in the week end on call rotation as needed.
- Responsible to attend workshops as directed and will actively seek out and recommend professional development opportunities. Will implement information obtained from workshops/professional development opportunities into department.
- Provides for insurance verification of benefits and appropriate utilization of services related to authorization.
- Assures coordination of insurance coverage information with billing department and keeps the director informed of any potential problem cases related to reimbursement.
- Uses policy and procedure manuals, and other reference materials to ensure proper course of action
- Assists with preparation of and participation in all medical surveys required by Medicare/State Licensure.
- Assist the director in developing a plan of correction for deficiencies noted during the survey inspections.
- Assumes responsibility for agency administration in the absence of the Administrator/Clinical Manager.
- Adheres to Federal/ State guidelines rules regulations, statutes and law.
- Participates in drills and emergency response training
- May be called in for GVH disaster response.
- Other duties as assigned.
Compensation: $35.10 - $48.27/hr, depending on experience.
Medical, dental, vision, health care FSA, and dependent care FSA: All active employees working 40 or more hours per pay period are eligible for benefits on the first of the month following 30 days of active service.
Life and AD&D insurance: All active employees working 40 or more hours per pay period are eligible for benefits on the first of the month following or coinciding with 30 days of active service.
Short-term and long-term disability: All active employees working 60 or more hours per pay period are eligible for benefits on the first of the month following or coinciding with 30 days of active service.