HH & Hospice Supervisor
Work Hours: m-f
Experience: Prefer a minimum, two- (2) year’s experience in a hospital, skilled nursing facility, or other comparable position in nursing.
Licenses/Certification: Must possess as a minimum a current Colorado license as a Registered Nurse, valid driver’s license, current automobile insurance, reliable transportation and current CPR certification.
- Coordinates care that is consistent with accepted standards of practice for the following disciplines: nursing, medical social services, aide, and therapy services (PT, OT, SLP).
- Assists the director with departmental HR responsibilities including hiring, training and evaluating staff in accordance to facility policies and procedures.
- Assists the director with determining staffing requirements necessary to meet the departments needs, and assign a sufficient number of personnel to meet these needs.
- Assist the director to develop, implement, and maintain an effective orientation program that orients the new employee to the department, its policies and procedures, and to her/his job position and duties.
- Coordinates staffing patterns to meet staff and geographical needs among staff/patients; take referrals as necessary to ensure agency coverage. Coordinates and develops the nursing 24-hour call schedule.
- Ensures nursing visits are made routinely available on a 24-hour basis 7 days a week. Organizes other reasonable and necessary services on a 24-hour basis when reasonable and necessary to meet the needs of the patient and family.
- Ensures the appropriate documentation (OASIS) is assigned and completed by home health personnel and submitted to regulatory agencies within required time frames.
- Assists the director to plan, develop, organize, implement and evaluate operations, activities and programs.
- Participates in interviewing and selecting patients for admission to home health, hospice and palliative care.
- Ensures all personnel furnishing services maintain liaisons to ensure that their efforts are coordinated effectively and support the objectives outlined in the plan of care.
- Ensures the clinical record or minutes of case conferences establish that effective interchange, reporting, and coordination of patient care does occur.
- Serves as a clinical liaison, as assigned by the director, with Gunnison Valley Health system and other community agencies related to departmental functions and direct patient care.
- Participates in the performance improvement activities of the organization and contributes to the quality improvement efforts of the department.
- Responsible to attend workshops as directed and will actively seek out and recommend professional development opportunities. Will implement information obtained from workshops/professional development opportunities into department.
- Oversees verification of benefits and appropriate utilization of services related to authorization.
- Assures coordination of insurance coverage information with billing department and keeps the director informed of any potential problem cases related to reimbursement.
- Uses policy and procedure manuals, and other reference materials to ensure proper course of action
- Assists with preparation of and participation in all medical surveys required by Medicare/State Licensure.
- Assist the director in developing a plan of correction for deficiencies noted during the survey inspections.
- Adheres to Federal/ State guidelines rules regulations, statues and law.
- Participates in drills and emergency response training
- May be called in for GVH disaster response.
- Other duties as assigned.