Work Hours: M-F Days
The Facilities Maintenance Technician is responsible for keeping the physical plant, equipment and furnishing in good repair and in safe condition. The highest priority is to be given to the safety and well being of the patients, staff and visitors.
Education: High school education or equivalent.
Experience : Training in light plumbing, wall and floor finishing, painting and grounds care are required. Experience or training in a larger facility for maintenance and safety are desired.
· Performs grounds care and snow removal.
· Performs wall patching and painting.
· Performs electrical light servicing (bulb changing, ballast replacement, etc).
· Performs light plumbing servicing (drain replacement, washer replacement, drain unclogging, etc).
· Maintains hospital grounds.
· Has a basic knowledge of hospital systems including, but not limited to: fire safety, security, heating/cooling, telephones/voicemail, nurse call system, paging system, bio-med functions, cable TV service, elevators; with the intent of being able to troubleshoot malfunctions to either correct on the spot or arrange for corrective action.
· Assists other departments when requested (furniture moving, shelf installation, etc.).
· Performing other duties as may be necessary in the best interest of the Hospital.
Compensation: $18.73/hr - $21.55/hr, depending on experience.
Medical, dental, vision, health care FSA, and dependent care FSA: All active employees working 40 or more hours per pay period are eligible for benefits on the first of the month following 30 days of active service. PRN staff are not initially eligible for benefits, and GVH follows all Affordable Health Care Act Eligibility guidelines.