Facilities Technician (FT)
Work Hours: M-F
The Facilities Maintenance Technician is responsible for keeping the physical plant, equipment and furnishing in good repair and in safe condition. The highest priority is to be given to the safety and well being of the patients, staff and visitors.
Education: High school education or equivalent. Experience or training in light plumbing, electrical, heating/air conditioning, wall and floor finishing, painting and grounds care are required. Experience or training in hospital facility maintenance and safety are desired. Willing to train in Basic Life Support and maintain certification throughout employment at the Hospital is required.
Experience: Previous hospital experience desirable.
· Performs grounds care and snow removal.
· Performs wall patching and painting.
· Performs electrical light servicing (bulb changing, ballast replacement, etc).
· Performs light plumbing servicing (drain replacement, washer replacement, drain unclogging, etc).
· Maintains hospital grounds.
· Has a basic knowledge of hospital systems including, but not limited to: fire safety, security, heating/cooling, telephones/voicemail, nurse call system, paging system, bio-med functions, cable TV service, elevators; with the intent of being able to troubleshoot malfunctions to either correct on the spot or arrange for corrective action.
· Assists other departments when requested (furniture moving, shelf installation, etc.).
· Performing other duties as may be necessary in the best interest of the Hospital.
· Maintains safety and security of IV solutions and medications when working in restricted/secured areas at the hospital to perform job duties.
· Participates in drills and emergency response training
· May be called in for GVH disaster response.
· Other duties as assigned.
Compensation: $18.30/hr - $21.04/hr, depending on experience.
Medical, dental, vision, health care FSA, and dependent care FSA: All active employees working 40 or more hours per pay period are eligible for benefits on the first of the month following 30 days of active service.
Life and AD&D insurance: All active employees working 40 or more hours per pay period are eligible for benefits on the first of the month following or coinciding with 30 days of active service.
Short-term and long-term disability: All active employees working 60 or more hours per pay period are eligible for benefits on the first of the month following or coinciding with 30 days of active service.