Executive Administrative Assistant
Work Hours: M-F
Serves as an essential link and resource between hospital leadership and medical staff to coordinate the operational processes and ongoing credentialing, privileging, and medical staff governance functions of the Medical Staff Office. Works with CVO company to review, analysis and follow up of credentialing and privileging applications, maintaining strict confidentiality, and ensuring compliance with organizational policies and accrediting and regulatory agencies.
Prepares final documents (types, proofs, copies, and distributes for Chief Medical Officer and other executives as needed. Maintains files for CMO & CNO. Performs receptionist activities for CMO & CNO, including phone and fax communications, appointments, and room scheduling. Coordinates meeting preparations. Prepares MEC and Medical Staff meeting agenda and meeting minutes under the direction of CMO and CNO.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent required.
Experience: Ability to maintain high standards of confidentiality with highly sensitive information. Ability to work effectively under stress of meeting deadlines and responding to change. Abilities must include a high degree of accuracy, attention to detail, and organization skills. Ability to relate well with department directors, hospital staff, physicians, outside agency staff, and community members. Proficient in word processing, spreadsheet creation, and data input, specifically with MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel computer programs. Ability to learn and navigate software programs. Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and/or ability.
- Works with CVO company to accepts applications for medical privileges at GVH.
- Works with CVO company to stay compliant and verifies information by communicating with various sources in accordance with accreditation and GVH Bylaws.
- In collaboration with CVO company prepares credentialing packages for presentation to applicable committees for review and approval.
- Works with CVO company to communicate with providers regarding status of applications.
- Participates in the Joint Commission team meetings and survey preparedness activities as needed for Medical Staff requirements.
- Participates in drills and emergency response training.
- May be called in for GVH disaster response.
- Other duties as assigned.
Compensation: $25.84 - $29.72/hr, depending on experience.
Medical, dental, vision, health care FSA, and dependent care FSA: All active employees working 40 or more hours per pay period are eligible for benefits on the first of the month following date of hire. PRN staff are not initially eligible for benefits, and GVH follows all Affordable Health Care Act Eligibility guidelines.