EVS Evening Supervisor - FT
Work Hours: 40 hrs/wk
POSITION PURPOSE (Summary)
Responsible for assisting EVS director in supervising and overseeing the operational needs of the Housekeeping Department during the evening shift. This position coordinates the tasks of the front-line staff and serves as a liaison between evening shift and hospital departments we support in order to provide the highest level of service.
Education: High School diploma or GED required.
Experience: At least one year of supervisory experience in housekeeping or service-related field with high customer service expectations. Demonstrated progressive growth in the field of health care housekeeping or facility maintenance preferred. Ability to communicate effectively in written format and oral presentations. Ability to multi-task and establish priorities. Ability to maintain organization in a changing and stressful environment. Has knowledge on the use of Microsoft Office, Outlook & Excel.
- Assists Director in establishing and then annually reviewing standards and work procedures for evening Housekeeping staff
- Assists Director with work flow and staffing schedules and areas of work to ensure adequate services are rendered
- Assists in the hiring process; interview, hiring and training of new associates
- Orients, develops, and supervises all housekeeping staff
- Conducts regular inspections and makes recommendations to the facility
- Monthly reporting of goals, accomplishments, and future plans
- Provides ongoing education and training to staff
- Communicates with staff, administration, and other departments on improving services and employee engagement
- Assist Director with outside services (i.e. Medical and Solid Waste, Document Destruction, and Recycling program)
- Possess a thorough knowledge of EVS procedures
- Leads the department in absence of EVS director
- Exhibit initiative, responsibility, flexibility, and leadership
- Promotes a customer service mindset at all times
- Views everything with a process improvement mindset, and solution-oriented attitude
- Implements established department procedures that meet goals and ensures a clean and safe environment
- Develops/coaches department EVS staff to ensure fullest potential is reached
- Assists Director with department training programs and that Healthstream programs are being conducted within appropriate timeframes
- Reports all pertinent data (Complaints, Inspections, Issues with staff) to Director of Environmental Services
- Knows all procedures, and employee personnel manuals and meets all established organizational requirements
- Maintains a safe work environment for all internal and external customers
- Troubleshoots, isolates and identifies causes of equipment malfunction
- Teaches technical skills to EVS technicians
- Ability to handle and resolve problems
- Responds to emergencies for night shift and on weekends
- Participates in drills and emergency response training
- May be called in for GVH disaster response.
- Other duties as assigned.