Work Hours: Varies
The Emergency Department Technician (ED Tech) is a vital member of the patient care team. In accordance with the patient/family plan of care, the ED Tech ,under the direction of the Registered Nurse and ED physician, collects patient information and provides direct patient care that contributes significantly to achievement of patient and family outcomes. As a member of the patient care team, The ED Tech is responsible and accountable for complete and accurate data collection and recording, completion of routine and delegated direct care activates, and communicating and collaborating with the RN to prioritize workload so that patient care outcomes are achieved. The ED Tech provides care in accordance with Gunnison Valley Health’s mission, values and policies and procedures.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
Experience: Must have experience as an EMT-IV or higher.
Licenses/Certification: Must have EMT-IV or higher in good standing with the state of Colorado. Basic Life Support-AHA Healthcare Provider (or the equivalent). For ALS providers (EMT-I and EMT-P) these additional certifications are required (the EMT-B may attend these classes with the approval of the manager): AHA Advanced Cardiac Life Support (or equivalent), AHA Pediatric Advanced Life Support (or equivalent). Recommended: International Trauma Life Support (or equivalent), Neonatal Resuscitation Provider, Advanced Medical Life Support.
· Works collaboratively with the Registered Nurse while completing focused technical skills and procedures to support therapeutic or diagnostic interventions.
· Takes primary accountability in assisting the patient and family to complete activities of daily living, anticipating patients needs and modifying the approach based on plan of care, patient condition, patient age and development, and patient request.
· Assists nurses and physicians with special procedures performed in the department in accordance with defined standards
· Demonstrates competencies in performing procedures requiring sterile techniques and using appropriate equipment as defined by standards.
· Assists with assigned procedures such as catheterization, dressing changes, sterile procedures, as well as any procedure taught by and supervised by the Registered Nurse
· Provides age-appropriate patient care to continually support the comfort and satisfaction of patients and families.
· Independently takes steps to verify variances in objective data (e.g. rechecks vitals, weights).
· Demonstrates independence in the completion of routine unit tasks
· Consistently demonstrates accurate and complete documentation
· Applies safety measures appropriate to the patient's age and development
· Observes all safety precautions and uses proper body mechanics
· Participates in drills and emergency response training
· May be called in for GVH disaster response.
· Other duties as assigned.
Compensation for ED Tech w/EMT: $16.00/hr - $18.40/hr, depending on experience.
Compensation for ED Tech w/ Paramedic: $16.69/hr - $20.03/hr, depending on experience.
Compensation for ED Tech w/ LPN: $17.11/hr - $20.53/hr, depending on experience.
Medical, dental, vision, health care FSA, and dependent care FSA: All active employees working 40 or more hours per pay period are eligible for benefits on the first of the month following 30 days of active service.
Life and AD&D insurance: All active employees working 40 or more hours per pay period are eligible for benefits on the first of the month following or coinciding with 30 days of active service.
Short-term and long-term disability: All active employees working 60 or more hours per pay period are eligible for benefits on the first of the month following or coinciding with 30 days of active service.
Pay: up to $20.03/hour
depending on experience.</span></span></p><p><span style="font-12pt"><span style="font-family:"Times New Roman",serif">Compensation for ED Tech w/ Paramedic: $16.69/hr - $20.03/hr
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 1675