Driver - Senior Transportation
The main purpose of this position is to safely andefficiently transport clients within the City of Gunnison to variousappointments and/or activities as directed by the dispatcher.
Education: Must possess as a minimum a high school diplomaor equivalent. Must be at least eighteen(18) years of age.
Experience: Previous driving experience preferred.
Licenses/Certification: Must have a current valid ColoradoDrivers License. Must be trained intransfers and first aid upon hire.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak the English languagein an understandable manner.
- Is willing to work beyond normal working hours, on weekendsor holidays as needed.
- May be required to work temporarily in other departmentsduring slower times of the day. Departments include but are not limited to: EVS, Facilities and LifeEnrichment.
- Transport clients from their homes or a common location asassigned by route schedule or by Dispatch; trip types include, but are notlimited to: medical appointments,shopping trips, meal-sites or other locations that assist clients and fostersindependent living; follow established procedures.
- Drive safely and with discretion over the most direct routeas scheduled. Keep in close contact withdispatcher for schedule changes and return pick-up assignments. Alter records to reflect approved changes.
- Inform supervisor or, as necessary, the Administrator,regarding any problems or concerns that may arise.
- Follow established procedures for vehicle inspection andcare, cleanliness, and maintenance. Report need for repairs according to established programprocedures. Insure that proper signs areposted in vehicle.
- In the event of an accident, incident or emergency, thedriver will contact the dispatcher immediately. Driver will follow through on all accidents, incidents and emergenciesaccording to established procedures.
- Prepare and submit comprehensive, accurate monthly reportsaccording to established procedures.
- Communicate the additional needs of clients to Supervisor sothat a referral can be made to the appropriate staff member(s).
- Meet with dispatcher to discuss and review scheduleefficiency, as needed. Discuss scheduleconflicts or concerns with the dispatcher and/or Transportation Supervisor onan on-going manner to increase operational efficiencies.
- Attend all assigned meetings.
- Attends and participates in continuing educational programs.
- Must have some understanding of the social, psychological,and recreational needs of the aged.
- Must function independently, have flexibility, personalintegrity, and the ability to work effectively with residents, personnel, andsupport agencies.
- Participates in drills and emergency response training
- May be called in for GVH disaster response.
- Other duties as assigned.