Driver - Senior Transportation
Work Hours: Days
The main purpose of this position is to safely and efficiently transport clients within the City of Gunnison to various appointments and/or activities as directed by the dispatcher.
Education: Must possess as a minimum a high school diploma or equivalent. Must be at least eighteen (18) years of age.
Experience: Previous driving experience preferred.
Licenses/Certification: Must have a current valid Colorado Drivers License. Must be trained in transfers and first aid upon hire.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak the English language in an understandable manner.
- Is willing to work beyond normal working hours, on weekends or holidays as needed.
- May be required to work temporarily in other departments during slower times of the day. Departments include but are not limited to: EVS, Facilities and Life Enrichment.
- Transport clients from their homes or a common location as assigned by route schedule or by Dispatch; trip types include, but are not limited to: medical appointments, shopping trips, meal-sites or other locations that assist clients and fosters independent living; follow established procedures.
- Drive safely and with discretion over the most direct route as scheduled. Keep in close contact with dispatcher for schedule changes and return pick-up assignments. Alter records to reflect approved changes.
- Inform supervisor or, as necessary, the Administrator, regarding any problems or concerns that may arise.
- Follow established procedures for vehicle inspection and care, cleanliness, and maintenance. Report need for repairs according to established program procedures. Insure that proper signs are posted in vehicle.
- In the event of an accident, incident or emergency, the driver will contact the dispatcher immediately. Driver will follow through on all accidents, incidents and emergencies according to established procedures.
- Prepare and submit comprehensive, accurate monthly reports according to established procedures.
- Communicate the additional needs of clients to Supervisor so that a referral can be made to the appropriate staff member(s).
- Meet with dispatcher to discuss and review schedule efficiency, as needed. Discuss schedule conflicts or concerns with the dispatcher and/or Transportation Supervisor on an on-going manner to increase operational efficiencies.
- Attend all assigned meetings.
- Attends and participates in continuing educational programs.
- Must have some understanding of the social, psychological, and recreational needs of the aged.
- Must function independently, have flexibility, personal integrity, and the ability to work effectively with residents, personnel, and support agencies.
- Participates in drills and emergency response training
- May be called in for GVH disaster response.
- Other duties as assigned.