Driver - Senior Transportation (PT)
Work Hours: Varied Shifts
The main purpose of this position is to safely and efficiently transport clients within the City of Gunnison to various appointments and/or activities as directed by the dispatcher.
Education: Must possess as a minimum a high school diploma or equivalent. Must be at least eighteen (18) years of age.
Experience: Previous driving experience preferred.
Licenses/Certification: Must have a current valid Colorado Drivers License. Must be trained in transfers and first aid upon hire.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak the English language in an understandable manner.
- Is willing to work beyond normal working hours, on weekends or holidays as needed.
- May be required to work temporarily in other departments during slower times of the day. Departments include but are not limited to: EVS, Facilities and Life Enrichment.
- Transport clients from their homes or a common location as assigned by route schedule or by Dispatch; trip types include, but are not limited to: medical appointments, shopping trips, meal-sites or other locations that assist clients and fosters independent living; follow established procedures.
- Drive safely and with discretion over the most direct route as scheduled. Keep in close contact with dispatcher for schedule changes and return pick-up assignments. Alter records to reflect approved changes.
- Inform supervisor or, as necessary, the Administrator, regarding any problems or concerns that may arise.
- Follow established procedures for vehicle inspection and care, cleanliness, and maintenance. Report need for repairs according to established program procedures. Insure that proper signs are posted in vehicle.
- In the event of an accident, incident or emergency, the driver will contact the dispatcher immediately. Driver will follow through on all accidents, incidents and emergencies according to established procedures.
- Prepare and submit comprehensive, accurate monthly reports according to established procedures.
- Communicate the additional needs of clients to Supervisor so that a referral can be made to the appropriate staff member(s).
- Meet with dispatcher to discuss and review schedule efficiency, as needed. Discuss schedule conflicts or concerns with the dispatcher and/or Transportation Supervisor on an on-going manner to increase operational efficiencies.
- Attend all assigned meetings.
- Attends and participates in continuing educational programs.
- Must have some understanding of the social, psychological, and recreational needs of the aged.
- Must function independently, have flexibility, personal integrity, and the ability to work effectively with residents, personnel, and support agencies.
Compensation: $16.00 - $18.40/hr, depending on experience.
Medical, dental, vision, health care FSA, and dependent care FSA: All active employees working 40 or more hours per pay period are eligible for benefits on the first of the month following date of hire. PRN staff are not initially eligible for benefits, and GVH follows all Affordable Health Care Act Eligibility guidelines.