Director of Rehab & Athletic Medicine - Colorado!
Work Hours: M-F DAYS
Gunnison Valley Health is the sole community-owned health system for Gunnison County and surrounding areas. We are not just a hospital, but a fully integrated health system providing services for all stages of life; from a newly renovated Family Birth Center, to a 52,000 square foot, state of the art senior care center and everything in between. We are a leading health source for our community, offering wellness programs, medical education and illness prevention. We are looking for someone with supervisory experience in a Rehab and Athletic Medicine capacity who is also skilled at developing strategic objectives, resolving problems and implementing change!
Here at Gunnison Valley Health, your good work will be rewarded. In addition to a competitive salary, a generous and affordable medical/dental/vision plan, and a matching 401(a) there are other great perks including:
- The chance to work with community stakeholders who have a genuine interest in Gunnison Valley Health
- Work/Life balance in an outdoor enthusiast’s mecca
- No traffic, and a scenic commute to the office
- Over 300 days of sunshine/year
- Opportunity for Growth
To be seriously considered for this role, you’ll need to have:
- Education – Undergraduate Degree in a Rehabilitation field.
- Experience – Minimum 5 years’ experience in management and supervisory roles.
- Licenses/Certifications: Must hold or be eligible for State PT or OT license. Maintenance of current CPR or BLS.
- Skills –
- Ability to systematically provide clear objectives, performance specific feedback, effective coaching and developmental experiences.
- Proactively envision organizational goals and align resources to help achieve those goals.
- Monitor Compliance with professional and departmental standards.
- Monitor and review monthly operational budget, position control budget, and financial statements.
As the Director of Rehab and Athletic Medicine for Gunnison Valley Health, you will be responsible for supervising all services related to rehabilitative medicine for the entire Gunnison Valley Health organization. Overseeing a highly qualified and multi-talented team, you’ll utilize your unique skills and ideas by:
- Developing departmental strategies and objectives by evaluating trends; establishing critical measurements; determining productivity, quality, and patient-service strategies, designing systems, resolving problems and implementing change.
- Directing Staff and developing strategic objectives while ensuring excellence with regard to patient care, documentation and a commitment to continuous improvement.
- Researching and evaluating emerging trends while interpreting new regulations and standards. .
- The ability to actively partner with physicians to achieve the mission of Gunnison Valley Health.
- Actively building open and constructive relationships that promote integrity among departments and staff members.