Director of Nursing
Work Hours: Monday - Friday Days with rotating call
Gunnison Valley Health has partnered with BE Smith on a retained search for the DON position. All applications will be forwarded to the team at BE Smith for consideration.
Gunnison Valley Health is the sole community-owned health system for Gunnison County and surrounding areas. We are a fully integrated health system providing services for all stages of life; from a newly renovated Family Birth Center, to a 52,000 square foot, state of the art Senior Care Center and everything in between. We are a leading health source for our community, offering wellness programs, medical education and illness prevention. We are looking for someone who is comfortable managing all aspects of professional nursing and patient care services, as well as leading and mentoring a highly motivated nursing staff!
Here at Gunnison Valley Health, your good work will be rewarded. In addition to a competitive salary, a generous and affordable medical/dental/vision plan, and a matching 401(a) there are other great perks including:
- The chance to work with community stakeholders who have a genuine interest in the Gunnison Valley Health Senior Care Center
- Work/Life balance in an outdoor enthusiast’s mecca
- No traffic, and a scenic commute to the office
- Over 300 days of sunshine/year
- Opportunity for growth within your role
To be seriously considered for this position, you’ll need to have:
- Education – Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing required.
- Experience – Minimum 5 years’ experience in management and supervisory roles within the field of long term care nursing.
- Licenses/Certifications: Must possess a current license as a Registered Nurse.
- Skills –
- Ability to maintain effective working relationship with employees, physicians, administration and other department managers.
- Exemplify high standards of service excellence skills in behavior towards residents, families, visitors, employees and other department managers.
- The flexibility to adjust tasks while meeting customer needs.
- Knowledge of nursing practices and procedures, as well as the laws, regulations, and guidelines governing nursing functions.
As the Director of Nursing at Gunnison Valley Health Senior Care Center, you will be responsible for directing the overall operations of the Nursing Department in accordance with Federal, State, and local standards. Overseeing a multi-talented team comprised of C.N.A.s, LPN’s and RN’s, you’ll utilize your unique skills and ideas by:
- Planning, developing, organizing, implementing, evaluating and directing the Nursing Department as well as its activities and programs.
- Developing methods of coordination of nursing services with other resident series to ensure continuity of the residents’ total regimen of care.
- Seeking out new methods and principals and willingness to incorporate them into existing department practices.
- Reviewing nurse notes to ensure that they are informative and descriptive of the nursing care being provided and that they reflect the residents’ response to the care.
- Developing and participating in the planning, coordinating and scheduling of in-service training programs.
Compensation: $1620.90 - $2115.38/week, depending on experience.
Medical, dental, vision, health care FSA, and dependent care FSA: All active employees working 40 or more hours per pay period are eligible for benefits on the first of the month following date of hire. PRN staff are not initially eligible for benefits, and GVH follows all Affordable Health Care Act Eligibility guidelines.