Director of Emergency & Trauma Services
Work Hours: M-F 9-5
Gunnison Valley Health is the sole community-owned health system for Gunnison County and surrounding areas. We are not just a hospital, but a fully integrated health system providing services for all stages of life; from a newly renovated Family Birth Center, to a 52,000 square foot, state of the art Senior Care Center and everything in between. We are a leading health source for our community, offering wellness programs, medical education and illness prevention. We are looking for a person with proven Leadership capability as well as a vast knowledge of Emergency Care, who is skilled at maintaining compliance, providing direction to staff and implementing the mission and vision of the organization.
Here at Gunnison Valley Health, your good work will be rewarded. In addition to a competitive salary, a generous and affordable medical/dental/vision plan, and a matching 401(a) there are other great perks including:
- The chance to work with community stakeholders who have a genuine interest in Gunnison Valley Health
- Work/Life balance in an outdoor enthusiast’s mecca
- No traffic, and a scenic commute to the office
- Over 300 days of sunshine/year
- A culture of continuous learning
To be seriously considered for this role, you’ll need to have:
- Education – Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing required.
- Experience – Minimum 5 years’ clinical experience in emergency/critical care. Minimum of three (3) years clinical supervisory or management experience. Previous experience as an Emergency Department Director preferred.
- Licenses/Certifications: RN License current in the state of Colorado or compact state. Current BLS and TNCC certifications, ACLS PALS or ENPC and NRP maintenance expected. CEN is preferred.
- Skills –
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of Federal and State laws and guidelines pertaining to EMTALA, Trauma, Cardiac and related emergency services.
- Ability to systematically provide clear objectives, performance specific feedback, effective coaching and developmental experiences.
- Proactively envision organizational goals and align resources to help achieve those goals.
- Monitor Compliance with professional and departmental standards.
- Monitor and review monthly operational budget, position control budget, and financial statements.
As the Director of Emergency and Trauma Services for Gunnison Valley Health, you will be responsible for supervising services related to emergency medicine for the entire Gunnison Valley Health organization. Overseeing a highly qualified and multi-talented team, you’ll utilize your unique skills and ideas by:
- Leading and participating in opportunities to improve practice as evidenced by involvement in data collection, task forces or projects.
- Directing Staff and developing strategic objectives while ensuring excellence with regard to patient care, documentation and a commitment to continuous improvement.
- Researching and evaluating emerging trends while interpreting new regulations and standards.
- Actively partnering with physicians to achieve the mission of Gunnison Valley Health.
- Actively building open and constructive relationships that promote integrity among departments and staff members.