Development Director, GVH Foundation
Work Hours: Mon-Fri, 8a-5pm (some evenings and weekends as needed for events, etc)
The Gunnison Valley Health Foundation is a 501c3 not-for-profit organization that helps to improve the quality and breadth of healthcare in Gunnison County by developing, preserving, and providing financial resources to Gunnison Valley Health. Our focus is to work to inspire our community to invest in the Gunnison Valley Health system and improve the health and wellness of our citizens.
The Director of Development is responsible for planning, organizing, and directing all of the Gunnison Valley Health Foundation’s fundraising including, the major gifts program, annual fund, planned giving, special events and capital campaigns. The Director works closely with the Foundation Coordinator and the Foundation Board of Directors in all development and fund raising endeavors.
- Must embrace and have a passion for the mission and focus of the Foundation.
- Strong interpersonal, presentation and writing skills.
- Have knowledge and experience in fund raising techniques, particularly major gift fundraising.
- Possess the skills to work with and motivate Hospital staff, board members and other volunteers.
- Have the desire to get out of the office and build external relationships.
- Be a “self-starter” and goal driven to initiate donor visits and fundraising calls.
- Be organized, implement and follow through on tasks and goals.
- Display a positive attitude, demonstrate presence, display self-confidence, good listening ability and be able to relate to all different levels of people within our various communities.
- A bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, public relations or related field.
- 5 years minimum, proven experience in professional fundraising.
- Adheres to industry, organizational and donor policies and restrictions such as code of ethics, confidentiality, gift acceptance policies, restricted gifts, governmental regulations, etc.
- Meet prospective donors and supporters on a continual basis to establish effective communications with them.
- Grow a major gifts program including identification, cultivation and solicitation of major donors.
- Oversee grant seeking including research, proposal writing, and reporting requirements.
- Build the planned giving program with a focus on deferred gifts such as bequest expectancies.
- Works in a cooperative manner with Hospital staff, volunteers and collaborative partners to achieve the Foundation’s goals
- Direct the annual fund program, including mailings and annual fundraising drives.
- Direct capital campaigns and other major fundraising drives.
- Oversee prospect research.
- Develops Annual Budget
- Work closely with the Foundation Coordinator, and Board of Directors.
- Make public appearances/accept speaking engagements to share information about the Foundation with the community.
- Staff Board Development Committee meetings.
- Oversee fundraising database and tracking systems.
- Oversee creation of publications to support fund raising activities.
- Maintain gift recognition programs.
- Demonstrate professional conduct at all times.
- Perform other related duties as requested.
About Gunnison County:
Gunnison County is located in the center of Colorado in the heart of the Rocky Mountains at 7,700 to 8,500 feet. This year around tourist destination consists of several small towns including Crested Butte, Mt. Crested Butte and Gunnison. Each community has its own unique personality steeped in 100 plus years of history. Winters are filled with snow, chilly temperatures a variety of types of skiing and other outdoor activities, while the summers consist of miles of hiking and biking trails, the largest man-made lake in the state and hundreds of acres of wilderness area. Gunnison is also the home to Western Colorado University.