Work Hours: 40
Experience: Three to Five years of culinary experience in a health care setting preferred. Candidate must be knowledgeable of USDA and HACCP food safety guidelines, particularly as they pertain to long-term care facilities and specific diet orders. Candidate also must demonstate ability to work in a collaborative, consensus building atmosphere.
Licenses/Certification: Accredidation as Certified Dietary Manager preferred.Must be eligible for a Colorado Driver’s License; valid Colorado Driver’s License required within six (6) months of employment and maintained current thereafter.
- Develop constructive communication and working relationships with SCC food service and non-food service staff, as well as residents and their families.
- Hire, supervise, and evaluate culinary service personnel.
- Ensure staffing requirements are fulfilled and that proper training mechanisms are in place.
- Develop daily task logs and educate culinary service personnel on how to best complete the logs and document said completion.
- Assist, with facility Administrator, in the planning and prepartion of the annual budget.
- Establish, monitor, and enforce sanitary standards for the purpose of ensuring safety of staff and residents, as well as ensuring compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Develop monthly menus for the purpose of ensuring high quality cuisine within regulatory and budgetary constraints.
- Maintain appropriate purchasing procedures and tracking/storage methods for the purpose of efficient auditing of culinary services operation.
- Ensure constructive, regular and fluid communication among Culinary services employees by providing information about expectations, goals and objectives.
- Ensure, in conjunction with Registered Dietician (RD), that residents nutritional needs are being met in accordance with state and federal regulations.
- Analyze work methods and implement systems that best ensures highest productivity.
- Promote reduction in operating costs by analyzing costs of materials, equipment, and labor to attain higher efficiency.
- Responsible for screening and arranging interviews to best ensure staff competency.
- Represent the Culinary services department to other SCC departments, residents' families, administrator, state regulators, outside agencies, and the Board of Directors as requested.
- Attend facility wide leadership team meetings.
- Assist in the creation, implementation, review, and enforcement of department and facility policies and procedures.
- Participates in drills and emergency response training
- May be called in for SCC disaster response.
- Other duties as assigned.