Work Hours: Varying Shifts and Weekends
Experience: Minimum of two years in high volume food preparation, or equivalent training, preferred.
Licenses/Certification: "Safe-Serve" certification, or willingness to enroll in HACCP training, required.Must be eligible for a Colorado Driver’s License; valid Colorado Driver’s License required within six (6) months of employment and maintained current thereafter.
- Assists Culinary Director and Kitchen Manager in menu planning to promote quality and variety within budgetary restrictions.
- Reports any acts of maltreatment, neglect, and/or any other violation of SCC policies to Culinary Director, Kitchen Manager, or safety officer.
- Utilizes food to ensure as little waste as possible.
- Assists in maintaining and ensuring proper inventory levels, as well as proper rotation and cleanliness of storage areas.
- Makes appropriate menu substitutions when necessary.
- Evaluates menu items to ensure proper quantities are served to meet nutritional state and federal requirements.
- Assists in training of new employees.
Compensation: $16.00/hr - $18.40/hr, depending on experience.
Medical, dental, vision, health care FSA, and dependent care FSA: All active employees working 40 or more hours per pay period are eligible for benefits on the first of the month following 30 days of active service. PRN staff are not initially eligible for benefits, and GVH follows all Affordable Health Care Act Eligibility guidelines.