Work Hours: 40
Experience: Minimum of two years in high volume food preparation, or equivalent training, preferred.
Licenses/Certification: "Safe-Serve" certification, or willingness to enroll in HACCP training, required.Must be eligible for a Colorado Driver’s License; valid Colorado Driver’s License required within six (6) months of employment and maintained current thereafter.
- Assists Culinary Director to ensure that all meals are prepared and served in a quality manner that reflects positively on the Culinary Department and SCC as a whole.
- Ensures all meals and snacks are served and delivered at the appropriate time.
- Ensures, in conjunction with Culinary Manager, that required documentation is completed by culinary staff.
- Assists in maintaining documentation so that Culinary Manager and Administrator can present statutorily required material in an organized manner.
- Shows willingnes to alter work schedule to work when needed most..
- Ensure that high standards of cleanliness and hygene are maintained.
- Orders supplies and organizes storage areas as requested by Culinary Director or Kitchen Manager..
- Reports and documents transgressions of Department policies and procedures to Culinary Manager.
- Reports immediately to Culinary Manager or Administrator any accident or illness of a possible infectious nature.
- Reports any faulty appliances, equipment, furniture, or ant potential hazard to Culinary Director, Kitchen manager, or plant manager.
- Maintains and improves professional knowledge and competence by attending educational opportunities as required by Culinary Director.
- Promotes safe working practices.
- Maintains knowledge of various the diet orders and the skills to carry them out.
- Assists Culinary Director and Kitchen Manager in menu planning to promote quality and variety within budgetary restrictions.
- Reports any acts of maltreatment, neglect, and/or any other violation of SCC policies to Culinary Director, Kitchen Manager, or safety officer.
- Utilizes food to ensure as little waste as possible.
- Assists in maintaining and ensuring proper inventory levels, as well as proper rotation and cleanliness of storage areas.
- Makes appropriate menu substitutions when necessary.
- Evaluates menu items to ensure proper quantities are served to meet nutritional state and federal requirements.
- Assists in training of new employees.
- Participates in drills and emergency response training
- May be on-call for SCC disaster response.
- Other duties as assigned.