Cook - Senior Care Center
Work Hours: Must be flexible to days/evenings, 5:30a-2p & 11a-7:30p shifts
Experience: Minimum of two years in high volume food preparation, or equivalent training, preferred.
Licenses/Certification: "Safe-Serve" certification, or willingness to enroll in HACCP training, required.Must be eligible for a Colorado Driver’s License; valid Colorado Driver’s License required within six (6) months of employment and maintained current thereafter.
- Assists Culinary Director and Kitchen Manager in menu planning to promote quality and variety within budgetary restrictions.
- Reports any acts of maltreatment, neglect, and/or any other violation of SCC policies to Culinary Director, Kitchen Manager, or safety officer.
- Utilizes food to ensure as little waste as possible.
- Assists in maintaining and ensuring proper inventory levels, as well as proper rotation and cleanliness of storage areas.
- Makes appropriate menu substitutions when necessary.
- Evaluates menu items to ensure proper quantities are served to meet nutritional state and federal requirements.
- Assists in training of new employees.
- Participates in drills and emergency response training
- May be on-call for SCC disaster response.
- Other duties as assigned.