Work Hours: Mon- Fri, 8a - 5pm
The position of Controller will be to plan, direct and control the general accounting functions for Gunnison Valley Health, including the Senior Care Center, Assisted Living, Home Medical Services and Foundation. These functions include but are not limited to: General Ledger management; assistance with any Payroll and Accounts Payable efforts; manage the annual external audit and with the annual budget cycle. This position works closely with the CFO.
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance. Prefer CPA and/or MBA.
Experience: Minimum of three years work related skill, knowledge or experience is required. Prefer healthcare related experience. Ability to work effectively under stress of meeting deadlines and responding to change.
Licenses/Certification: Prefer CPA.
· Carrying out all policies and procedures as established by the Chief Financial Officer.
· Prepare, examine, and analyze accounting records, financial statements and other financial reports for entire Health System to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance with reporting and procedural standards. Prepare monthly consolidated Financials and Quarterly Compliance Certificates per bank guidelines.
· Analyze business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations to project future revenues and expenses.
· Report to the CFO any material changes or problems during the month as well as report on a daily basis the status of monthly revenues and expenses and statistics.
· Prepare daily stats. Prepare Bi-weekly stats for Productivity analysis. Prepare Monthly stats for financials and MOR.
· Prepare monthly back reconciliations. Monthly/Daily close of AR, Revenue and Receipts. Track investment accounts; reconcile asset and liability accounts monthly.
· Compute monthly Accounts Receivable Reserves.
· Prepare monthly journal entries to the general ledger.
· Work closely with Accounts Payable and Payroll to ensure accuracy of expenditures and proper posting to the general ledger.
· Preparation and management of the annual Audit and Medicare Cost Report.
· Prepare Budget worksheets for Hospital and Senior Care Center. Conduct departmental budget meetings with CFO. Compile budget data and prepare reports. Prepare and submit budget to Gunnison County.
· Responsible for distributing the monthly departmental variance reports to respective Managers, including Senior Care Center, and answering any follow up questions.
· Provide information requested, with CFO acknowledgement, to the CHA Databank, VHA, Government Economic Census reports and any other requesting entity.
· Attends scheduled meetings and information from meetings is presented to appropriate staff in a timely manner.
· Work closely with the Business Office to ensure proper and timely recording of revenues and receipts.
· Available for assistance to the Senior Care Center, Assisted Living, and Home Medical Services.
· Provide back up support for Payroll and Accounts Payable function for both entities.