Work Hours: Monday - Friday
POSITION PURPOSE (Summary)
Under the direction of the Information Systems Director, this position will be responsible for the implementation of computer hardware and software. This position will also be responsible for the maintenance and ongoing support of the GVH IT equipment. This position is also responsible for some data collection, spreadsheet building, and report writing. Applicants should have both Microsoft Word and Excel experience.
Education: Associate’s Degree in Business or Computer Sciences OR comparable work experience.
Experience: Qualified candidates will know Windows Office suite, hardware\software installation, hardware\software maintenance, antivirus software, and have working knowledge of virtual environments. Excellent communication skills with the ability to work independently and make sound decisions.
- Demonstrates ability to present ideas and information in a concise, effective and interpersonally appropriate manner through written and oral forms.
- Demonstrates the ability to take responsibility and ownership for the outcome of all actions and decisions with particular emphasis on customer satisfaction and fiscal performance.
- Demonstrates the ability to work with others toward a shared purpose or goal be collaborating, partnering, or cooperating with others.
- Maintains up to date experience with Windows Server, Windows Operating Systems and Windows Office Suites.
- Responsible for the setup and maintenance of GVH’s computer hardware.
- Identifies problems with hardware and assigned software applications.
- Resolves problems identified with GVH’s hardware and software.
- Makes recommendations for improvements related to GVH’s staff usage of hardware and software.
- Maintains local hardware and ensures PC’s are updated and have current versions of applications.
- Provides customer support for patients using the patient portals to access to their accounts.
- Works will with other IT staff to resolve any issues we have with our programs or hardware.
- Provides support to end users for hardware, software, and applications.
- Demonstrates flexibility in response to unexpected changes in workload, staffing and scheduling.
- Provide support for incoming calls and tickets related to user issues.
- Responsible for the transmittal of various data files to third party companies.
- Responsible for the creation and maintenance of assigned excel spreadsheets
- Responsible for monitoring GVH’s IT ticketing system and updating all assigned open tickets with information weekly
- Support assigned software applications as primary or secondary support role
- Is punctual in reporting for work and in returning from meals and breaks.
- May be asked to take notes during meetings
- Participates in drills and emergency response training
- May be called in for GVH disaster response.
- Other duties as assigned.