Colorado! - Supply Chain Director
Work Hours: M-F Days
Gunnison Valley Health is the sole community-owned health system for Gunnison County and surrounding areas. We are not just a hospital, but a fully integrated health system providing services for all stages of life; from an award winning EMS department to a 52,000 square foot, state of the art senior care center and everything in between. We are a leading health source for our community, offering wellness programs, medical education and illness prevention. We are looking for someone who will partner with our Leadership stakeholders to achieve successful demand management, and responsiveness while maintaining a collaborative environment!
Here at Gunnison Valley Health, your good work will be rewarded. In addition to a competitive salary, a generous and affordable medical/dental/vision plan, and a matching 401(a) there are other great perks including:
- The chance to work with community stakeholders who have a genuine interest in Gunnison Valley Health
- Work/Life balance in an outdoor enthusiast’s Mecca
- No traffic, and a scenic commute to the office
- Over 300 days of sunshine/year
To be seriously considered for this role, you’ll need to have:
- Education – High School graduate required. Bachelor’s Degree in related field required. Experience may be accepted in lieu of formal education.
- License/Certification: Valid Colorado Driver’s License. Certified Materials and Resource Professional (CMRP) preferred. Certified Value Analysis Healthcare Professional (CVAHP) preferred. DOT Hazardous Materials
- Experience – Two to five years healthcare purchasing experience in a hospital environment required. Five years healthcare management experience preferred.
- Skills –
- Knowledge of contract negotiations
- Knowledge of Healthcare GPO Concepts
- Ability to perform in-depth financial analytics
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with clear/concise delivery
- Ability to exercise sound judgement, determine priorities, and manage time
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
As the Supply Chain Director at Gunnison Valley Health, you will assume responsibility for the administration and management of the department. The department consists of Supply Chain, Linen, Bio-Medical Engineering, Environmental Services, and IV solutions. You’ll plan, organize, direct, coordinate and control the resources to achieve department objectives. You’ll utilize your unique skills and ideas by:
- Acting as an agent on behalf of GVH with the ability to negotiate and enable legally binding agreements that fall within the scope of the Supply Chain Director’s duties and responsibilities.
- Work with internal customers across the health system including staff, managers, directors, executives, physicians and the Board of Trustees, as well as external customers.
- Develop relationships with supply chain manufacturers, distributors, and vendor representatives in order to facilitate contacts.
- Managing a team by helping facilitate goal setting, training and coaching opportunities, and working with staff to maximize productivity and engagement.
- Maintaining and establishing department policies, standard operating procedures, strategic plan objectives, process improvement activities and safety and regulatory standards.
- Participating in health system meetings and trainings to collaborate improvement of system operations.
Compensation: $38.73/hr - $50.34/hr, depending on experience.
Medical, dental, vision, health care FSA, and dependent care FSA: All active employees working 40 or more hours per pay period are eligible for benefits on the first of the month following 30 days of active service. PRN staff are not initially eligible for benefits, and GVH follows all Affordable Health Care Act Eligibility guidelines.