Colorado - CRNA
Work Hours: 3-week rotation schedule
Gunnison Valley Health is the sole community-owned health system for Gunnison County and surrounding areas. We are not just a hospital, but a fully integrated health system providing services for all stages of life; from an award winning EMS department to a 52,000 square foot, state of the art senior care center and everything in between. We are a leading health source for our community, offering wellness programs, medical education and illness prevention. We are looking for someone who will join our small and highly qualified team and provide exceptional care to our community members.
Here at Gunnison Valley Health, your good work will be rewarded. In addition to a competitive salary, a generous and affordable medical/dental/vision plan, and a matching 401(a) there are other great perks including:
- Work/Life balance in an outdoor enthusiast’s mecca (13 weeks’ vacation annually!)
- Medical Malpractice covered
- No traffic, and a scenic commute to the office
- Over 300 days of sunshine/year
To be seriously considered for this role, you’ll need to have:
- Education: Graduation from an approved School of Nursing and completion of a course in Anesthesia of at least 18 months approved by the American Association of Nurse Anesthetists and satisfactory completion of the qualifying examination of the American Association of Nurse Anesthetists and recognition by the State Board of Registered Nursing as a Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist.
- Experience: Five years of professional Nurse Anesthetist experience in a medical center-type setting required. Ability to be an independent anesthesia provider. Competence in providing care to obstetrical patients and providing regional anesthesia.
- Licenses/Certification: A license to practice as a Registered Nurse issued by the Colorado State Board of Registered Nursing. Current BLS (CPR) certification. Current ACLS certification.
- Skills –
- Must be able to work independently
- Orthopedic procedures required
- Obstetrics procedures required
- Must be comfortable taking care of pediatric, adolescent as well as adult and geriatric patients
As the CRNA at Gunnison Valley Health, you will be providing anesthesia related care to facilitate diagnostic, therapeutic, or surgical procedures. This is a physically, emotionally and mentally challenging job. You’ll utilize your unique skills and ideas by:
- Assisting with the management of pain associated with obstetrical labor and delivery, or management of acute pain through performance of selected diagnostic or therapeutic blocks or other forms of pain management.
- Performing pre- and post-anesthesia patient visits and documenting anesthesia notes on patient records.
- Observing patients during surgery for excessive loss of blood or impingement on a patient’s nerves or organs. Constantly monitors pulse rate, blood pressure and respiration.
- Discharging the patient from a post anesthesia care area and providing post anesthesia follow-up evaluation and care.
Compensation: $85.37/hr - $95.31/hr, depending on experience.
Medical, dental, vision, health care FSA, and dependent care FSA: All active employees working 40 or more hours per pay period are eligible for benefits on the first of the month following 30 days of active service. PRN staff are not initially eligible for benefits, and GVH follows all Affordable Health Care Act Eligibility guidelines.