Chinese Medicine Practitioner
Work Hours: monday-saturday
1. Talk with clients about symptoms, medical history and desired results.
2. Evaluate clients to locate painful or tense areas of the body.
3. Manipulate muscles or other soft tissues of the body.
4. Provide clients with counseling within scope of Chinese Medicine
5. Document patients/residents condition and progress.
6. Communication Skills: Therapists need to listen carefully to clients in order to understand what they want to achieve in the sessions
7. Decision making Skills:Therapists must evaluate each client's needs and recommend the best treatment on the basis of that persons needs.
8. Empathy: Therapists must give clients a positive experience, which requires building trust between therapist and client. Making clients feel comfortable is necessary for therapists to expand their client base.
9. Physical Stamina: Therapists may give several treatments during a workday and have t ot stay on their feet throughout the appointments.
10. Physical Strength and Dexterity: Therapists must be strong and able to exert pressure through a variety of movements of the arms and hands when manipulating a clients muscles.
11. Therapist must consult and refer to appropriate modeality when condition is outside of scope of practice, involving supervisor when appropriate.
12. Scheduling and collecting payments when applicable
13. Other duties as assigned.