Chief Nursing Officer
Work Hours: M-F Days with rotating call
Health System Overview:
Gunnison Valley Health is the sole community-owned health system for Gunnison County and surrounding areas. We are not just a hospital, but a fully integrated health system providing services for all stages of life; from an award winning EMS department to a 52,000 square foot, state of the art senior care center and everything in between. We are a leading health source for our community, offering wellness programs, medical education and illness prevention. We are looking for someone with the desire and capability to direct and supervise nursing services while championing quality of patient care and continuous improvement. Someone excited to build and maintain open and constructive relationships that promote integrity and collaboration between departments.
Where you’ll live:
Some define happiness by their job title and salary, while others pursue quality of life. Our community combines the best of both worlds by fostering a growing outdoor industry business hub in the heart of Colorado’s Rocky Mountains. The Gunnison Valley, which includes the towns of Gunnison and Crested Butte, is a vibrant community of entrepreneurs and adventurers. We are deeply connected with our surrounding environment, neighbors and growing community. This is the kind of place where hard work is rewarded, whether that means a day on the mountain or at the office.
Here at Gunnison Valley Health, your strong work will be rewarded. In addition to a competitive salary, a generous and affordable medical/dental/vision plan, and a matching 401(a) there are other great perks including:
- The chance to work with community stakeholders who have a genuine interest in Gunnison Valley Health
- A culture of continuous learning and innovation
- Work/Life balance in an outdoor enthusiast’s Mecca
- No traffic, and a scenic commute to the office
- Over 300 days of sunshine/year
To be seriously considered for this role, you’ll need to have:
Education: Master's degree required - MHA, MBA or similar preferred, could also be MSN. If Master's degree is not specifically in Nursing, then BSN or doctorate's degree from an accredited school of nursing required. (One of the degrees must be in Nursing)
Experience: Minimum six (6) years professional nursing experience, including satisfactory experience as a nurse in an acute care setting, preferably in a rural environment. Minimum three (3) years leadership experience.
Licenses/Certification: Current licensure with the Colorado State Board of Nursing as a Registered Nurse. Current BLS.
As the Chief Nursing Officer at Gunnison Valley Health, you will assume responsibility for the administration and management of nursing teams within Gunnison Valley Health. You’ll plan, organize, direct, coordinate and control the resources to achieve strategic objectives. You’ll utilize your unique skills and ideas by:
- Taking responsibility and ownership for the outcome of all actions and decisions with emphasis on customer satisfaction and fiscal performance.
- Working toward a shared purpose or goal by collaborating, partnering, and cooperating with others.
- Participating in strategic and operational plans in conjunction with the GVH philosophy, policies, goals and mission.
- Continually ensuring that patient satisfaction is maintained and improved.
- Monitoring compliance with professional and departmental standards, policies, procedures and requirements of accreditation and regulatory agencies through inspection and observation of personnel practices.
- Supporting and participating in health system performance improvement teams and keeps staff abreast of progress and outcomes.
Helpful Community Links:
Compensation: $2768.80 - $3876.40/weekly, depending on experience.
Medical, dental, vision, health care FSA, and dependent care FSA: All active employees working 40 or more hours per pay period are eligible for benefits on the first of the month following date of hire. PRN staff are not initially eligible for benefits, and GVH follows all Affordable Health Care Act Eligibility guidelines.