CBPT Receptionist (FT)
Crested Butte, CO
Work Hours: M-F 8-4, may vary as patient schedule requires
Provides secretarial and clerical support to the Rehabilitation Services Department. Responsible for coordination of patient information and billing information. Provides support to the physical therapist with patient treatments as directed
Education: High School Graduate
Experience: Working knowledge of medical terminology. Knowledge of computers including Microsoft Word and Excel required. Demonstrate excellent customer service skills
Licenses/Certification: Maintenance of current CPR or BLS.
· Demonstrates ability to present ideas and information in a concise, effective and interpersonally appropriate manner through written and oral forms.
· Demonstrates the ability to take responsibility and ownership for the outcome of all actions and decisions with particular emphasis on customer satisfaction and fiscal performance.
· Demonstrates the ability to support and implement effective change in order to enhance organizational performance.
· Demonstrates the ability to work with others toward a shared purpose or goal by collaborating, partnering, or cooperating with others.
· Greets all Rehabilitation Services patients and visitors immediately upon entering the department.
· Answers incoming calls and routes all calls to the appropriate person immediately upon receipt.
· Records and transmits messages, memos and correspondence to the appropriate person immediately upon receipt.
· Demonstrates a courteous and helpful manner to internal and external customers.
· Demonstrates appropriate communication skills for the population served by Rehabilitation Services.
· Provides preliminary explanations to patients/caregivers in an empathetic manner.
· Prepares new patient charts as per established guidelines including appropriate paperwork and required insurance information.
· Registers new outpatients, obtaining all pertinent insurance and demographic information, inputting all data into the computer upon patient’s initial visit.
· Tracks all Patient progress forms sent for physician signature
· Copies and sends completed month end paper work to the billing department per established guidelines.
· Prioritizes work assignments on a daily basis to ensure effective completion of job tasks.
· Tracks all patient charges and enters accurately into the computer system
· Attends required meetings and in-services.
· Provides timely notification of illness or absence
· Schedules patients in accordance with established departmental parameters
· Demonstrates good judgment skills, seeking guidance from appropriate personnel when needed.
· Assists in “special” departmental projects, statistical and analytical.
· Demonstrates flexibility in response to the unexpected changes in workload, staffing and scheduling.
· Performs duties in an independent manner.
· Makes sound decisions based on hospital policy.
· Maintains a good working rapport with staff, projecting a warm, caring, concerned personality.
· Prepares patient for treatment, assists Physical Therapist in specific treatment procedures
· Understands basic precautions with each patient diagnosis.
· Daily office clean up, supply check and linen stocking
Compensation: $15.00/hr - $17.25/hr, depending on experience.
Medical, dental, vision, health care FSA, and dependent care FSA: All active employees working 40 or more hours per pay period are eligible for benefits on the first of the month following 30 days of active service.
Life and AD&D insurance: All active employees working 40 or more hours per pay period are eligible for benefits on the first of the month following or coinciding with 30 days of active service.
Short-term and long-term disability: All active employees working 60 or more hours per pay period are eligible for benefits on the first of the month following or coinciding with 30 days of active service.